News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NH-MA-CT trip June 17

Started by mariethefoxy, June 18, 2016, 11:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariethefoxy

I took a fun little roadtrip to see friends this weekend, I noticed some interesting things on the highways getting there.

CT

I-84 - the HOV Lane signs are badly faded in spots, I wonder if the new signs are going to have green backgrounds or still black on white.

CT 8 theres a LOT of really old signs left on this route between I-84 and CT 15.

MA

I-495 - saw a few travel time signs on here but they werent switched on. Overhead signs were reminding people not to sneak fireworks into MA.

US 3 - They still need an advanced sign for the Spit Brook Road exit in NH. Every other exit near a state border MassDOT signs just fine.

MA 2 - All the older signs are gone, new signs pretty much the entire length from I-495 to the end of the freeway. This route is AMAZINGLY scenic in spots, much nicer than the pike.

NH

I-93 the construction there in Derry has made the lane markings really wierd and hard to follow

tckma

Quote from: mariethefoxy on June 18, 2016, 11:21:00 PM
MA

US 3 - They still need an advanced sign for the Spit Brook Road exit in NH. Every other exit near a state border MassDOT signs just fine.

I used to live in Nashua, right near that Spit Brook Road exit, but I moved out of the area in 2002.  I don't remember an advance sign for that exit before the NH border (which is astounding as the ramp is before the Welcome to NH sign), and I'm a little surprised the construction and sign replacement project for US 3 that MassHighway did a few years ago that didn't correct the problem.  Exit 36 to Daniel Webster Highway really serves the same area, though.  That's apparent on Google Maps.  I preferred Exit 1, though, especially on weekends, to avoid Pheasant Lane Maul and shopping traffic on weekends (NH has no sales tax, ergo the stores just across the border get LOTS of Masshole business).

hotdogPi

Quote from: tckma on June 22, 2016, 09:03:44 AM
to avoid Pheasant Lane Maul

I can't tell if that's a typo or you just really hate it so much that you feel like it's mauling you.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

mariethefoxy

lol that mall, I go up there and its like theres never enough parking and everyone is like walking in slow motion, then the chick fil A makes the entire food court area congested cuz everyones lining up for that.

tckma

Quote from: 1 on June 22, 2016, 09:27:02 AM
Quote from: tckma on June 22, 2016, 09:03:44 AM
to avoid Pheasant Lane Maul

I can't tell if that's a typo or you just really hate it so much that you feel like it's mauling you.

Nah, I always spell "Maul" that way to refer to any such collection of typical suburban retail establishments.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.