News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2013-14 ODOT Map Is Released

Started by rte66man, February 01, 2013, 01:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

The US 59 four lane still ends just south of the Arkansas River.

rte66man

They made quite a few of the corrections that I sent to them last year. However......

THEY STILL CAN'T SPELL "CHISHOLM"!!!!

If you look at US81 near Rush Springs, you will see "Chilsohm". How embarassing   :banghead:

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

ylekot

I find it funny they still use circles for State Routes on the map.  I would have thought they would use squares now with the change of State Route Markers.
Mike Wiley

e.mike.wiley@gmail.com

Scott5114

The circle is the standard route marker for state routes on maps, regardless of what is actually signed. Texas uses a circle, though its markers are a square, and do does Missouri, which uses a state outline.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

The High Plains Traveler

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 10, 2013, 01:44:17 PM
The circle is the standard route marker for state routes on maps, regardless of what is actually signed. Texas uses a circle, though its markers are a square, and do does Missouri, which uses a state outline.
On its official map, Minnesota uses squares for state highways in-state, ellipses outside the state. Also, gray-tone circles for county roads within the state, although they're either posted with square or pentagonal signs. Colorado also uses squares for all state highways on its map.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

bugo

The Arkansas map used to use state outlines on its state highway maps.  Here is the final year to use them:

http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/mapping_graphics/archived_tourist_maps/1962A.tif

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.