News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

K-18 Ogden to Manhattan

Started by yakra, March 15, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

Does anyone know how much of this new alignment is open to traffic?

These pages list expected completion as late 2013.
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

route56

They've completed the westbound lanes from 56th Avenue to K-113, and are getting ready to move traffic onto it to do the eastbound lanes. KDOT press release follows: Press release updated 3/28/12

Quote from: Kim Qualls, Northeast Kansas Public Affairs Manager, KDOT
24/7 LANE CLOSURE: Westbound K-18 from 56th Avenue to just west of K-113/Seth Child Road will be reduced to one lane during the week of April 1-5  on Monday-Tuesday, April 8-9  for the installation of traffic control items.

24/7 LANE CLOSURES: Eastbound and westbound K-18 from 56th Avenue to just west of K-113/Seth Child Road will be moved to the new westbound K-18 lanes and reduced to one lane in each direction (in a side by side configuration) for pavement reconstruction work sometime during the week of April 8-12 April 15-19, weather permitting. These lane closures will remain in place until late fall 2013. Separate notification for these specific closures will be issued in advance of the traffic switches closer to early April.

Drivers should expect delays during peak travel times and should use alternate routes if possible. Updated traffic information for this project is available at: http://www.ksdot.org/topekaMetro/projectstudyNEKS.asp.

The Kansas Department of Transportation urges all motorists to be alert, obey the warning signs, and "Give "˜Em a Brake!"  when approaching and driving through the project work zone.

These closures are for construction work on the overall improvement project that will reconstruct a seven-mile stretch of K-18 from Manhattan to Ogden to a freeway when completed. There are three construction phases included in the overall K-18 improvement project.

(Emphasis as in original)
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

route56

Update #2:

Quote from: Kim Qualls, Northeast Kansas Public Affairs Manager, KDOT
K-18 Traffic Switches

24/7 LANE CLOSURE: Westbound K-18 left lane from 56th Avenue to just west of K-113/Seth Child Road will be CLOSED on Thursday, April 4 for the installation of traffic control items. The lane closure is needed as crews will be installing pavement striping and sticks and bricks on centerline of the westbound lanes in preparation for next week's shift to head-to-head traffic. The passing lane closure will begin at the east end (Seth Child Road/K-113) and move westward as traffic control items are installed.

24/7 LANE CLOSURES: Eastbound and westbound K-18 from 56th Avenue to just west of K-113/Seth Child Road will be moved to the new westbound K-18 lanes and reduced to one lane in each direction (in a side by side configuration) for pavement reconstruction work sometime on  Thursday or Friday, April 11-12, weather permitting. These lane closures will remain in place until late fall 2013.

Drivers should expect delays during peak travel times and should use alternate routes if possible. Updated traffic information for this project is available at: http://www.ksdot.org/topekaMetro/projectstudyNEKS.asp.

The Kansas Department of Transportation urges all motorists to be alert, obey the warning signs, and "Give 'Em a Brake!" when approaching and driving through the project work zone.

These closures are for construction work on the overall improvement project that will reconstruct a seven-mile stretch of K-18 from Manhattan to Ogden to a freeway when completed. There are three construction phases included in the overall K-18 improvement project.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.