News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New I-44 OK-66 interchange in Tulsa area (Catoosa)

Started by swake, January 09, 2023, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Quote from: yakra on October 13, 2023, 10:01:44 AM
Quote from: bugo on February 22, 2023, 12:01:14 PM
Fuck that. Why do you think they should tear up the pavement? It isn't hurting anybody. It is an amazing relic, and I don't understand why somebody who claims to like roads would want this road removed. It would cost a lot of money and would provide no benefits to anybody. Buzzkill.
I was happy when old PA61 was finally dirted over. I might have felt differently if it hadn't been completely graffitied all to shite, but that road had long since jumped the shark.

I can't see how a road enthusiast wanting things to be more boring than they already are. It would be like a bridge enthusiast cheering on the demolition of a historic truss. As far as the Catoosa highway, it's not in bad shape and makes a good hiking trail. It's part of the past that has been (temporarily, at least) preserved in time. I hope they never remove it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.