News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Longest driving distance between two cities in neighboring states?

Started by KCRoadFan, September 05, 2021, 01:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

Going into Mexico, which also has states (and even further, it's also the United [Mexican] States :sombrero:):
- Texline TX to Tampico Tamps.: 1169 miles/1881 km
- Texarkana TX to Buenavista de Atascaderos Chih.: 1176 miles/1892 km
- Smith River CA to Ejido Villa Jesús María B.C.: 1311 miles/2110 km

Too bad Arizona borders Baja, otherwise I could have gone into Sinaloa for even more distance.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

CNGL-Leudimin

Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

US 89

Eastport, ID to Oljato-Monument Valley, UT is a nice long 1149 miles per Google Maps, though that route does spend a considerable amount of time in Montana.

hbelkins

Using Google, Hickman, KY to Chincoteague, VA -- 985 miles (routing through either Tennessee or West Virginia to get from Kentucky to Virginia; 984 miles routed through Tennessee and North Carolina.)

On the other end of the state, Woodman, KY to Watson, MO -- 876 miles (routing through Indiana and Illinois).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

Quote from: hbelkins on September 05, 2021, 09:40:09 PM
Using Google, Hickman, KY to Chincoteague, VA -- 985 miles (routing through either Tennessee or West Virginia to get from Kentucky to Virginia; 984 miles routed through Tennessee and North Carolina.)

On the other end of the state, Woodman, KY to Watson, MO -- 876 miles (routing through Indiana and Illinois).

Virginia borders Tennessee. Using my iPad, I'm not sure of the total distance because the Google Maps app is crap for multiple stops (won't give total distance), but Memphis to Chincoteague is over 1,000 miles sticking just to the two states.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

sprjus4

^
Quote from: sprjus4 on September 05, 2021, 03:48:29 AM
Memphis, TN to New Church, VA is just over 1,000 miles.

15 hours via I-40, I-81, I-64, and US-13.
Taking it to Chincoteague is around 1,012 miles.

Dirt Roads

Quote from: sprjus4 on September 05, 2021, 03:48:29 AM
Memphis, TN to New Church, VA is just over 1,000 miles.

15 hours via I-40, I-81, I-64, and US-13.

Not quite:  Memphis TN to Hatteras NC is only 998 miles.  It's only 977 going up the coast to Corolla, NC.  I wondered about the ferry ride to Okracoke, but the trip distance is significantly reduced using the Swan Quarter ferry instead of the Hatteras ferry.

Dirt Roads

Harpers Ferry WV to Hickman KY is only 814 miles.  But most of that trip is through Virginia and Tennessee.

bassoon1986

hobsini2

Using as straight a path as possible, Illinois' farthest points to neighboring states:
(As stated earlier) Superior WI - Cairo 802 mi
Clear Lake IN - Cairo 491 mi
NW of larchwood IA - Cave-in-the-Rock 771 mi
SW of Southwest City MO - Winthrop Harbor 671 mi
S of Argo KY - East Dubuque 717 mi
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

TheHighwayMan3561

Reno, MN to Fortuna, ND - 813 miles
Grand Portage, MN to Edgemont, SD - 950 miles
Noyes, MN to Keokuk, IA - 784 miles

Reno, MN to Lynn Lake, MB - 1,291 miles
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

hbelkins

Quote from: 1995hoo on September 05, 2021, 10:25:47 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on September 05, 2021, 09:40:09 PM

Virginia borders Tennessee. Using my iPad, I'm not sure of the total distance because the Google Maps app is crap for multiple stops (won't give total distance), but Memphis to Chincoteague is over 1,000 miles sticking just to the two states.

I didn't try to force Google Maps to cross directly from Kentucky to Virginia via one of the five logical crossings (US 421, KY/VA 160, US 23, KY/VA 80, or US 460) to see what the distance would be staying in those two states and not going into other states.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

GaryV

Another one in Canada

Flin Flon MB to Bainsville ON - 3032 km

jlam

Hobart

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

thspfc

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.