News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Buc-ees outside of Texas.

Started by roadman65, June 07, 2019, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

I keep a can of foaming window cleaner and a roll of paper towels in my truck, in which the windshield washer pump doesn't work.

When I get it fixed, I will keep the reservoir filled with the orange Rain-X washer fluid. A good coating of Rain-X, or liberal use of the Rain-X washer fluid, makes it easy for the wipers to wash away bug residue.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: SSOWorld on January 16, 2024, 08:47:58 PM
Two things that will solve your bug problem. Can be used anywhere.

It's what I like to do, lol. Especially since I like to stop and railfan, and it ain't uncommon to have plenty of time to wait before a train gets to where I'm at.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

vdeane

Lots more work than using a squeegee, especially as I'm prone to missing spots.  Plus then it needs to be stored somewhere.  I wouldn't be sure how to store rags, and I don't like keeping liquids in my trunk because things have a tendency to tip over in there.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hbelkins

Quote from: vdeane on January 17, 2024, 12:52:37 PM

Lots more work than using a squeegee, especially as I'm prone to missing spots.  Plus then it needs to be stored somewhere.  I wouldn't be sure how to store rags, and I don't like keeping liquids in my trunk because things have a tendency to tip over in there.

A cheap mop bucket is great for both the bottle of Windex and the microfiber towels shown here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

triplemultiplex

What's the freezing point of windex?
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Big John

triplemultiplex

It was a rhetorical point, not an actual question. ;)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

ibthebigd

Seeing Buc-ee's is eyeing land around Phoenix.

I think Primm NV would be a great location.

SM-G996U

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ibthebigd on January 23, 2024, 06:26:14 PM

SM-G996U

Primm is Terrible's Chevron and EddieWorld territory.

JREwing78

Quote from: vdeane on January 15, 2024, 09:57:57 PM
How do you clean bug splatter with windshield wipers?  I find that doesn't really work, outside of extremely heavy rains.  Just makes the bug splatter smear.  I would go so far as to say that if you have significant bug splatter on your windshield, you should actually avoid using your wipers if possible until you can clean it off with a squeegee.

I run the washer fluid made to dissolve bug spatter - the green stuff, generally. I just have to be careful to only run it during the summer. That stuff freezes up just like water, and makes it damned impossible to get out if it's not cleared out by the time the weather turns to freezing.

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: ibthebigd on January 23, 2024, 06:26:14 PM

SM-G996U

Buc-ee's is coming to Goodyear, AZ off on I-10 at Bullard Avenue.
https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/valley/goodyear-rezones-land-for-buc-ees-travel-center-arizona/75-3a9ba38e-4d57-4874-ada1-a17de7d6adbd

JayhawkCO

The Buc-ees in Johnstown, CO opens on Monday.

thenetwork

Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 15, 2024, 05:51:52 PMThe Buc-ees in Johnstown, CO opened on Monday.

And by Wednesday, the giant Buc-ee's billboard on EB I-70 at Fruita, CO exit 19 changed from saying:

"1079(?) MILES" to:

"291 MILES", while adding the statement, "YOU CAN HOLD IT".

I will re-verify the sign next time I pass through there And edit the above if necessary.

epzik8

Quote from: thenetwork on March 30, 2024, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on March 15, 2024, 05:51:52 PMThe Buc-ees in Johnstown, CO opened on Monday.

And by Wednesday, the giant Buc-ee's billboard on EB I-70 at Fruita, CO exit 19 changed from saying:

"1079(?) MILES" to:

"291 MILES", while adding the statement, "YOU CAN WAIT", or something to that extent.

I will re-verify the sign next time I pass through there And edit the above if necessary.

Now they just need their own "YOU HAD ME AT HODWY" sign so it can go viral just like the one in Texas did.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Great Lakes Roads

Buc-ee's might be coming to the Little Rock region in Benton (first one in Arkansas). Site will be off on Interstate 30 at Exit 114.

Road Hog

Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on April 05, 2024, 03:51:35 AMBuc-ee's might be coming to the Little Rock region in Benton (first one in Arkansas). Site will be off on Interstate 30 at Exit 114.
Probably the best location. (If they ever finish the construction there.)

Technically Haskell.

sprjus4

Quote from: Road Hog on April 05, 2024, 04:40:40 AM
Quote from: Great Lakes Roads on April 05, 2024, 03:51:35 AMBuc-ee's might be coming to the Little Rock region in Benton (first one in Arkansas). Site will be off on Interstate 30 at Exit 114.
Probably the best location.
Hmm... I feel like somewhere around the I-40 / I-440 / AR-440 interchange would be the most strategic location. It would allow I-30, I-40, and Future I-57 traffic to all have easy access to the location, instead of just I-30 (and I-57 if that traffic is continuing south / west on I-30).

Unless they're planning to also build one along I-40 in the future.

JoePCool14

Coming home on Easter, I caught a Buc-ee's billboard in Wisconsin on I-41/94 of all places. 469 miles.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

SSOWorld

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 08, 2024, 08:21:22 PMComing home on Easter, I caught a Buc-ee's billboard in Wisconsin on I-41/94 of all places. 469 miles.
Where on 41/94?

There is one north of DeForest (the proposed location) on 39/90/94.

Really doesn't phase me now that I've been in one.  Basically like a Wall Drug or South of the Border.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

JoePCool14

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 09, 2024, 10:00:44 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 08, 2024, 08:21:22 PMComing home on Easter, I caught a Buc-ee's billboard in Wisconsin on I-41/94 of all places. 469 miles.
Where on 41/94?

Really doesn't phase me now that I've been in one.  Basically like a Wall Drug or South of the Border.

It was facing north for southbound traffic. Somewhere south of Oak Creek/Caledonia.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

SEWIGuy

I saw that as well. Mileage to their Lexington, KY location!

SSOWorld

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 10, 2024, 12:21:27 PM
Where on 41/94?

It was facing north for southbound traffic. Somewhere south of Oak Creek/Caledonia.
This is odd because the proposed location is at DeForest, not in the area you're in.  There is a sign there with distance to the KY location as well.

The last news about the WI location dates back to last October at the latest.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

epzik8

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 09, 2024, 10:00:44 PMReally doesn't phase me now that I've been in one.  Basically like a Wall Drug or South of the Border.

South of the Border if it were a chain...
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

SEWIGuy

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 11, 2024, 10:52:59 AM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 10, 2024, 12:21:27 PM
Where on 41/94?

This is odd because the proposed location is at DeForest, not in the area you're in.  There is a sign there with distance to the KY location as well.

The last news about the WI location dates back to last October at the latest.

I wouldn't overthink it.  It's just a national branding thing.

74/171FAN

If I had to choose between Bucee's and South of the Border, I would choose Bucee's every single time.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.