News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

RIP Gaylord Perry

Started by Henry, December 01, 2022, 07:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

DandyDan

Notorious for his spitball. I wonder how that would work today with cameras everywhere.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

hbelkins

I wore out a paperback copy of "Me & The Spitter" when I was growing up.

Quote from: DandyDan on December 02, 2022, 02:29:13 AM
Notorious for his spitball. I wonder how that would work today with cameras everywhere.

Part of his routine was going through the motions of touching various parts of his uniform to make batters think he was putting something on his fingers to put on the ball.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

skluth

Quote from: hbelkins on December 02, 2022, 01:02:00 PM
I wore out a paperback copy of "Me & The Spitter" when I was growing up.

Quote from: DandyDan on December 02, 2022, 02:29:13 AM

Part of his routine was going through the motions of touching various parts of his uniform to make batters think he was putting something on his fingers to put on the ball.

Think? The only reason he'd go to various parts of his uniform was to change the location of any substance he used to alter the ball. He wouldn't always use them but that doesn't mean those substances weren't there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.