News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

St. Louis, MO to Beloit, WI

Started by ModernDayWarrior, August 27, 2015, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModernDayWarrior

Sometime in the next week or so I will be traveling from St. Louis (well, actually just south of it) to Beloit, Wisconsin to pick up some family members. I figure I will probably take the standard route (I-55 to I-39, roughly 4 1/2 hours) on my way back and am looking to take a more interesting route on my way there, since I'll be by myself and will have more time. I'm willing to go up to about three hours or so out of my way to see more interesting sights along the way. Any suggestions?

Stratuscaster

Great River Road?

Avenue of the Saints?

US-67?

ModernDayWarrior

Quote from: Stratuscaster on August 28, 2015, 07:25:18 AM
Great River Road?

Avenue of the Saints?

US-67?

I'm leaning towards taking the Avenue of the Saints and debating where I want to cut east and cross the Mississippi. One option is taking I-80 through the Quad Cities and getting on I-88, but that would involve tolls which I'd rather avoid if I can. Another choice that looks good is taking US 151 through Dubuque to Madison, which is a little further out of my way than I really wanted to go, but would take me through more places I've never been.

How is US 67 through Illinois? Can you make good time on it? Glancing at my atlas it looks like the road goes through lots of towns along the way.

Stratuscaster

Couldn't tell you about US-67 in Illinois as I've yet to make that trip myself.

I do think US-151 through Dubuque is a good idea - I really like the scenery in that area.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.