Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

Road improvements in Prince William County, Virginia

<< < (9/10) > >>

Jmiles32:
Here's what's being planned at the VA-234/Clover Hill Road intersection:
https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/bowtie-intersection-planned-for-busy-manassas-corridor/article_6e69d486-2db5-11ed-bf79-fb678c107b39.html

Hopefully the design is flexible enough where if PWC wanted to convert it to an interchange down the road they could. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how the public comment process plays out.

MillTheRoadgeek:

--- Quote from: Jmiles32 on July 18, 2022, 03:18:34 PM ---Ideally, VA-234 would be a freeway from I-66 all the way to Lake Jackson Drive and be getting the same gradual light removal approach that VA-28, VA-7 and now maybe soon even US-50 (in Loudoun) will get. From there to I-95, while improvements could be made I don't think interchanges are nearly as feasible.

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2022/07/cash-infusion-moves-loudoun-co-closer-to-removing-stop-lights-on-us-50/

--- End quote ---

I think they can squeeze in interchanges where the road travels alongside the PW Forest Park, but overall, it just feels a bit off making urban-style interchanges on a more rural road.


--- Quote from: Jmiles32 on September 08, 2022, 12:26:13 PM ---Here's what's being planned at the VA-234/Clover Hill Road intersection:
https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/bowtie-intersection-planned-for-busy-manassas-corridor/article_6e69d486-2db5-11ed-bf79-fb678c107b39.html

Hopefully the design is flexible enough where if PWC wanted to convert it to an interchange down the road they could. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how the public comment process plays out.

--- End quote ---

Is it efficient to build a fix that can be upgraded to an interchange though? Or should they hold out until such is in motion?

Jmiles32:

--- Quote from: MillTheRoadgeek on September 09, 2022, 01:40:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jmiles32 on July 18, 2022, 03:18:34 PM ---Ideally, VA-234 would be a freeway from I-66 all the way to Lake Jackson Drive and be getting the same gradual light removal approach that VA-28, VA-7 and now maybe soon even US-50 (in Loudoun) will get. From there to I-95, while improvements could be made I don't think interchanges are nearly as feasible.

https://wtop.com/loudoun-county/2022/07/cash-infusion-moves-loudoun-co-closer-to-removing-stop-lights-on-us-50/

--- End quote ---

I think they can squeeze in interchanges where the road travels alongside the PW Forest Park, but overall, it just feels a bit off making urban-style interchanges on a more rural road.


--- Quote from: Jmiles32 on September 08, 2022, 12:26:13 PM ---Here's what's being planned at the VA-234/Clover Hill Road intersection:
https://www.insidenova.com/headlines/bowtie-intersection-planned-for-busy-manassas-corridor/article_6e69d486-2db5-11ed-bf79-fb678c107b39.html

Hopefully the design is flexible enough where if PWC wanted to convert it to an interchange down the road they could. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how the public comment process plays out.

--- End quote ---

Is it efficient to build a fix that can be upgraded to an interchange though? Or should they hold out until such is in motion?

--- End quote ---

I would have held out until there was enough funding to build an interchange. Yes it would've taken much longer but as Loudoun has shown with VA-28 and VA-7 (it appears US-15 and US-50 are next), patience and probably better strategies to obtain funding, pays off.

MillTheRoadgeek:

--- Quote from: Jmiles32 on September 09, 2022, 04:30:51 PM ---I would have held out until there was enough funding to build an interchange. Yes it would've taken much longer but as Loudoun has shown with VA-28 and VA-7 (it appears US-15 and US-50 are next), patience and probably better strategies to obtain funding, pays off.

--- End quote ---

Good point. I do wonder how US 15 is supposed to become a freeway; it sounds like even more of a challenge than any part of 50 from Fairfax to Aldie.

Jmiles32:

--- Quote from: MillTheRoadgeek on September 09, 2022, 05:58:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jmiles32 on September 09, 2022, 04:30:51 PM ---I would have held out until there was enough funding to build an interchange. Yes it would've taken much longer but as Loudoun has shown with VA-28 and VA-7 (it appears US-15 and US-50 are next), patience and probably better strategies to obtain funding, pays off.

--- End quote ---

Good point. I do wonder how US 15 is supposed to become a freeway; it sounds like even more of a challenge than any part of 50 from Fairfax to Aldie.

--- End quote ---

Just the Leesburg Bypass part. While US-15 north of Leesburg will be widened to four lanes, it will not be turned into a freeway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version