Regional Boards > Mid-Atlantic

VA 9xxxx routes explained

<< < (3/5) > >>

WillWeaverRVA:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 24, 2022, 09:36:07 AM ---It's a shame that 90210 doesn't go to some high school populated by snobby kids.

(Watching that show was a guilty pleasure of mine back in the 1990s.)

--- End quote ---

There IS a high school about 2 miles from VA 90210, though I don't know if the kids there are snobby.  :-D

Mapmikey:
Messing around some more with the arcgis site I was able to get it to show a list (after substantial scrolling) of these 9xxxx routes.

All numbers 90003 through 90246, plus 90500 are the entirety of the list.  But the list doesn't say where there are at, so it is a slow process to identify where these are.  Spot checking the gaps in my list, the only facility I have found I completely missed was Cumberland Gap campground (I checked the actual parking area but didn't look far enough afield).

Incidentally there are well over 1000 school routes per a summary table so I am curious how that works when these have been the 9000-series routes.

Also, ramps are given individual numbers, and these are 99xxx. 

WillWeaverRVA:

--- Quote from: Mapmikey on June 24, 2022, 10:38:40 AM ---Messing around some more with the arcgis site I was able to get it to show a list (after substantial scrolling) of these 9xxxx routes.

All numbers 90003 through 90246, plus 90500 are the entirety of the list.  But the list doesn't say where there are at, so it is a slow process to identify where these are.  Spot checking the gaps in my list, the only facility I have found I completely missed was Cumberland Gap campground (I checked the actual parking area but didn't look far enough afield).

Incidentally there are well over 1000 school routes per a summary table so I am curious how that works when these have been the 9000-series routes.

Also, ramps are given individual numbers, and these are 99xxx. 

--- End quote ---

The map is a bit weird because some of the numbered routes aren't labeled, particularly primary routes in independent cities.

dvferyance:
I never understood why every road in Virgina has to get a number. They even number short dead end residential streets. Even though they have names. Why not just go by their names?

WillWeaverRVA:

--- Quote from: dvferyance on June 25, 2022, 10:04:04 PM ---I never understood why every road in Virgina has to get a number. They even number short dead end residential streets. Even though they have names. Why not just go by their names?

--- End quote ---

Because that would be a living nightmare with the massive state-maintained secondary route system Virginia has.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version