News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What is the highest classification of road beside which you have urinated?

Started by agentsteel53, July 19, 2011, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon daly

Do weigh stations count? I've used the Exeter ones on I-95 in Rhode Island; both north and south bound. I'm not a savage. I'd prefer to use a gas station restroom. However, sometimes nature calls and you can't wait.

Flint1979

Does an exit ramp off an Interstate count as an Interstate? If so I have done that before.

TheHighwayMan3561

This summer I made the mistake of pounding a couple large water bottles driving NM 4 through the Jemez Mountains. By the time I couldn't hold it anymore I found some meager looking trees and bushes next to a big open range area. Traffic wasn't too heavy but wasn't nonexistent either and there was some guy working in his truck visible down the hill, probably too far to notice me.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

kphoger

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 17, 2018, 03:11:41 AM
some guy working in his truck visible down the hill, probably too far to notice me.

...or care.  A guy in a work truck is not going to care about some random traveler taking a leak.  He's probably done the same thing at some point.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Expressway; AZ 87 on the Beeline Highway to be specific.  There was a brush fire that had traffic stopped for hours, I was going to stay comfortable. 

epzik8

Two-lane undivided state route. I went down a random farm driveway off Route 372 in Lancaster County, PA one time and went pee because I didn't want to clinch 372 with a full bladder.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kphoger

Quote from: Flint1979 on November 17, 2018, 12:07:03 AM
Does an exit ramp off an Interstate count as an Interstate?

I'd say so, if you're still visible from the highway.  I certainly counted it when I posted.

The only freeway mainline I've actually had a potty break on was in Mexico.  Cross-posting from an ancient thread below:

Quote from: kphoger on January 12, 2012, 11:43:54 AM
Though this is not the U.S. interstate highway system, I've stopped along the brand-new roll road from Monterrey to Saltillo in México.  I mention this because it was probably the trickiest place I've had to get out.  As you can see in the picture (link below), the shoulder is very narrow, bounded by a steep down-slope.  We were eight people in two vehicles; those on the passenger side had to step down directly onto the drainage slope (including a blind guy), while those on the driver's side had to get out in the lane of traffic.  The reason we stopped is that my then-three-year-old son told us he had to go to the bathroom right at that point exiting Monterrey where the next gas station I knew of was more than 100 km away.  I've learned not to argue when a three-year-old mentions Number Two......
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=25.68924,-100.638049&spn=0.000039,0.019205&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=25.689242,-100.642139&panoid=ocu1JZecPMvJNKDe-m3FGw&cbp=12,261.36,,1,10.05
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

SectorZ

What about urinated on, not beside?

Does this also win as the most male-centric post on this site?

Duke87

Now that this thread has been bumped up, I can state that since my last post here I have now urinated beside an interstate - specifically, I-30 near Hope, AR. A nasty crash had the road completely blocked and I was stuck in the group of vehicles that had already passed the last exit before it.

So I exited my vehicle while it was stopped and turned off in the left lane, walked across both lanes of eastbound I-30, and down to the bushes off the right side of the road in order to contribute to the local nitrogen cycle.

Being stuck there sucked but it is fun being able to say I walked across an interstate. :sombrero:
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

kphoger

Quote from: SectorZ on November 19, 2018, 06:01:25 PM

That would win the thread.

But hopefully it wasn't from an overpass.
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

Apparently my wife has me beat and has had to pull on 54D a couple times for an emergency potty break:

54MEXDa by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

That is literally the one road-related anything she has me beat on.  Edit:  She wanted me to emphasize that this is a common practice and all her relatives have done the same thing during travel in Mexico. :-D

CNGL-Leudimin

Nice to see this hilarious thread back! :-D

I'm pretty high on the classification, since I've peed besides a freeway twice.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 19, 2018, 11:52:31 PM
Edit:  She wanted me to emphasize that this is a common practice and all her relatives have done the same thing during travel in Mexico. :-D

Back in 2001, my dad and I traveled by bus from Ciudad Juárez to Batopilas, Chihuahua.  From Creel to Batopilas, it's a 5-hour bus trip through the mountains (at least it was back when most of it was unpaved) with basically no services along the way.  Just before reaching the really fun section, the bus stopped to let everyone out and enjoy the scenery and go pee.  With no bathrooms, what else are you gonna do?

My other group-peeing experience in Mexico was while driving from Parras to La Constancia, Coahuila on a mission trip a couple of years ago.  That was at least three hours of driving down rocky desert tracks, including some portions along creek beds.  Same deal:  no bathrooms, what else are you gonna do but just stop among some bushes?

In general, public restrooms are–or at least used to be–fewer and farther between in Mexico than here in the USA, so making a pit stop to pee on the gravel is a normal part of life.  There's also the fact that bathrooms are less private in many Mexicans' homes than we're used to; the toilet might be separated from the laundry area by nothing but a tarp hung from the ceiling, and that whole part of the house might be separated from the living room area by hardly anything more.  Growing up in that environment, a person is more used to people knowing/seeing him or her take a leak.  But, having said all of that, peeing along the toll road is just not something I've seen a lot of.  Granted, my experience is limited to about 6000 to 7000 miles of Mexican driving, but most toll roads have at least one or two public restrooms along the route–either at a toll booth or a roadside truck stop area.
Male pronouns, please.

frankenroad

I-74 in SE Indiana.   There was 6+" of snow on the road and we were at a dead stop.   After a couple hours, I did what I had to.
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

thenetwork

Quote from: kphoger on November 19, 2018, 09:14:53 PM

From my earlier post, I did pee IN THE MIDDLE of the Westbound lanes of the Ohio Turnpike/I-80/I-90 (A Multiplex, no less!), Friday, December 13th, 1985 (My last day of finals).  A jackknifed truck blocked the westbound lanes due to the snowy conditions a few miles east, and I was talking with 2 people who were my dorm room neighbors 2 doors down.  Their car slid off the eastbound lanes about a half-hour earlier, and I just happened to see them when I slowly passed by.  So we chatted on the westbound lanes (pre-3-laning era) and I took a pee as well.

Rick1962

US-71 between Carthage and Jasper, Missouri (about 25 years before I-49), late at night, IIRC. When ya gotta go...

SM-T580

TheHighwayMan3561

The splatter potential would probably make me want to do so from an overpass if I had to.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

kphoger

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 20, 2018, 08:04:09 PM

The splatter potential would probably make me want to do so from an overpass if I had to.

You need to work on your distance.
Male pronouns, please.

sbeaver44

abefroman329

jbnv

Does the shoulder count? If you're on a bridge where urinating *beside* means committing suicide, does it count?
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

abefroman329

A friend of a friend used to kneel in front of cars like he was checking the tire and then urinate into the gutter, does that count as urinating in the street?

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 22, 2018, 03:37:24 PM
A friend of a friend used to kneel in front of cars like he was checking the tire and then urinate into the gutter, does that count as urinating in the street?

Ask a cop, and you'll know the answer.
Male pronouns, please.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on November 23, 2018, 09:02:14 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on November 22, 2018, 03:37:24 PM

Ask a cop, and you'll know the answer.
Public urination is public urination regardless of where the urine lands.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.