News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What is the highest classification of road beside which you have urinated?

Started by agentsteel53, July 19, 2011, 11:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

2di: I-80 in Wyoming.  Way too far between rest areas or exits.

Tom958

I don't consider peeing beside an Interstate to be a memorable event. Except for that one time... it's not strictly on topic, though.

I peed here, on GA 83, several times while I was driving to Statesboro and back every week. Apparently that bridge is exactly one pot of coffee from my house, and there's a paved shoulder there so I didn't have to risk driving into a ditch in the predawn darkness. I hit this little fuel storage area next to GA 296 more than once, too.

Then there was Mary. That's off topic, too, though.

DaBigE

Off-ramp along US 151 near Columbus, WI, last summer. Wouldn't have happened if my car wouldn't have broke down. I thought I could hold it, but it took an hour and a half for the tow truck to show up. :no:   Of course there wasn't much vegetation, and that off-ramp (which normally sees very little use) had to have a lot of traffic. Ended up using the tow truck to shield me as the guy winched my car on the flatbed.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

bugo

Quote from: Brandon on July 21, 2011, 07:41:57 AM
Why does this thread make me think of a certain roadgeek who thinks pooing is cool?

Bandit is not a roadgeek.

bugo

I pee peed in the MIDDLE of AR 298 near the north shore of Lake Ouachita in west central Arkansas.  It was night and that road doesn't get a lot of traffic anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

Duke87

Quote from: Zeffy on April 22, 2014, 10:35:52 AM
This is a thing?

I don't piss outside of a bathroom. If I have to go while on the road, I find the closest establishment with a bathroom in it.

I prefer to use an actual bathroom if one is conveniently available.

However, I have a rule: if I cannot use the restroom without asking someone to grant me access, I do not consider that "conveniently available". I would rather piss in the bushes than ask someone if I may please use their bathroom. I hate asking for permission for things, it means voluntarily giving someone authority over me.

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Zzonkmiles

I came REALLY close to having to pull over on the side of northbound I-95 in southern Georgia because of sudden diarrhea resulting from a lunch I had eaten in Daytona Beach.  There are a lot of exits with restaurants and restrooms in Jacksonville (FL), at the welcome center at the FL/GA border, and at the St. Mary's/Kingsland exit in Georgia.  But once you pass that area, there is absolutely NOTHING.  (Even the swamps look lonely.)  And that's when the diarrhea hit.  I had to drive in excess of 90mph to make it to the next exit which only had one or two gas stations with only one stall.  And I occupied that stall for a good 15 minutes, much to the dismay of other customers who needed to take care of their stinky business.  Oops.  Lesson learned.

Alps

Quote from: Zzonkmiles on April 28, 2014, 11:03:25 PM
I came REALLY close to having to pull over on the side of northbound I-95 in southern Georgia because of sudden diarrhea resulting from a lunch I had eaten in Daytona Beach.  There are a lot of exits with restaurants and restrooms in Jacksonville (FL), at the welcome center at the FL/GA border, and at the St. Mary's/Kingsland exit in Georgia.  But once you pass that area, there is absolutely NOTHING.  (Even the swamps look lonely.)  And that's when the diarrhea hit.  I had to drive in excess of 90mph to make it to the next exit which only had one or two gas stations with only one stall.  And I occupied that stall for a good 15 minutes, much to the dismay of other customers who needed to take care of their stinky business.  Oops.  Lesson learned.
Aaaaaaaaaand welcome to the forum!

Zeffy

Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Zeffy on April 28, 2014, 11:19:58 PM
Quote from: Alps on April 28, 2014, 11:08:10 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand welcome to the forum!

They say make your first impression count...

You ain't going to get discussions like this when talking about butterfly collecting.

spooky

signalman

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Duke87 on April 28, 2014, 10:31:09 PM
Quote from: Zeffy on April 22, 2014, 10:35:52 AM
This is a thing?

I don't piss outside of a bathroom. If I have to go while on the road, I find the closest establishment with a bathroom in it.

I prefer to use an actual bathroom if one is conveniently available.

However, I have a rule: if I cannot use the restroom without asking someone to grant me access, I do not consider that "conveniently available". I would rather piss in the bushes than ask someone if I may please use their bathroom. I hate asking for permission for things, it means voluntarily giving someone authority over me.

It displays great self-awareness that you have this so well understood.

As a kid, when public bathrooms in stores were less common, I learned that asking for one often meant a trip behind the scenes into the stockroom or something.  I still often ask in places where there's not a public bathroom evident, half-consciously hoping I'll get a peak into into some inner sanctum.

Duke87

Heh, yeah, I definitely remember occasions like that when I was younger, where I ended up in the back of a store because I or one of my sisters really needed to go. It always kind of freaked me out, though - even if I was told it was OK, I still felt like I was doing something naughty because the sign said employees only and I was not an employee.

Contrast this today, where I am frequently walking into all sorts of areas marked "authorized personnel only" as part of my job (I do inspections for an energy efficiency incentive program). So now, to me, the idea of seeing the back area of a store is utterly mundane. I've seen thousands of them.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

sbeaver44

I-90, South Dakota.  Somewhere around the area near Interior where some of the exits don't have names, just "Exit 127".

wxfree

US 67/377, a four-lane divided highway, between Brownwood and Comanche, right in the road in the middle of the night with the car stopped in the left lane, because for some reason I was feeling especially stupid.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

corco

Probably on I-15 somewhere around Monida Pass.

I think my most "dangerous"- when you consider traffic and distance from road was on US 380 just east of Bryson, Texas.

US81

I-820/TX 121 in NE Ft. Worth (probably really Hurst, but who cares?) Traffic at a dead stop, no sign of movement for close to an hour. It was night time but otherwise very public, so I tried to be discreet, and thankfully had a jacket just long enough to help obscure what I was doing.

Mike_OH

I-75 somewhere between Cincinnati and Sarasota, FL.  Probably more than once.

-NCX75-

Well, what an... interesting question!  :-/

I'd have to say that I left my mark on the side of I-40 in NW Texas, between Amarillo and NM. It's worth noting, though, that there was of course no one on this stretch of road at this time. It would be a whole different animal if I did it in Ft. Worth like US81.

kendancy66

I-40 West of Needles and before Ludlow.  The road has a big drop off on the right side, so no one can see you anyway.

kendancy66

I also did number 2 in a drainage culvert off the south side of the San Diego Freeway in Westminster CA.  What was so awesome though was the tree nearby that had leaves softer than toilet paper, and was large enough to wipe with.

kphoger

Interstate.

Southbound I-35 somewhere in central Iowa, and also southbound I-57 somewhere near Kinmundy.

My eldest son has defecated on an Interstate, although he was actually on a potty seat inside a minivan at the time.  I thought a 75-mph poop would be good at saving some time.  I was so smart.  Except that, when he was done, the whole car smelled like poop and we had to pull over anyway to dump it out.  Not so smart now, are you?  It was then, during the potty seat dump-out, that my own urination beside I-35 in Iowa took place.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

NoGoodNamesAvailable

I don't know if this counts as the highest classification, but definitely the highest traffic road I've peed next to is the Taconic State Parkway. A bit south of the NY 301 interchange there's an abandoned alignment that runs east of the current northbound roadway. You can pull into it where it meets back up at the northern end and you're nicely shielded from the eyes of northbound traffic.

jp the roadgeek

I vaguely remember because I had to be about 3 or 4, but it would have to be somewhere along US 302 in Maine.  We were going from CT to visit my father's old college buddy in Bridgton, and apparently, I made it all the way from home to about 5 miles from Bridgton before I couldn't hold it any longer.  A few years ago, one of my passengers was forced to go along the side of one of the ramps from NJ 3 to the NJTP.  It was a January weeknight, so it was pretty desolate.   We were forced off the Saw Mill Parkway, and ended up driving down 5th Ave, and even took a daring drive through Central Park before managing to escape unscathed onto West 96th St.  About there, she had to go, but I wasn't stopping in the city.  I managed to hoof it down the West Side Highway and through the Lincoln Tunnel to try and hit a service area on the NJTP, but we didn't make it.

Also peed on the side of CT 9...before the section even opened.  We were on an earth science field trip to look at rock formations, and one was located on the road where they had blasted through for the ramp from I-91 North to CT 9 north.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.