News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Oak Brook makes offer to avoid red light cameras near Oakbrook Center mall

Started by Brandon, November 29, 2016, 05:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Joe The Dragon on January 03, 2017, 04:30:38 PM
What about where you need to stop after the line to be able to see if you can make a safe light on red?  The they removed near / on Woodfield Rd? was like that.

I'm pretty sure there is no legally approved "place to stop after the line."  Legally, if you can't see well enough from behind the line to safely turn right, then you should not make the turn till your light turns green or the obstruction is no longer there.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kalvado

Quote from: kphoger on January 05, 2017, 10:19:17 AM
Quote from: Joe The Dragon on January 03, 2017, 04:30:38 PM
What about where you need to stop after the line to be able to see if you can make a safe light on red?  The they removed near / on Woodfield Rd? was like that.

I'm pretty sure there is no legally approved "place to stop after the line."  Legally, if you can't see well enough from behind the line to safely turn right, then you should not make the turn till your light turns green or the obstruction is no longer there.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
I had an impression it was "stop before stop line, count to 3, roll forward to where you can see, count to 3.."
Since NY assumes crosswalk at each intersection, you need to stop before crosswalk - and if nobody is actually walking, then...

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.