News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Updated PA MUTCD Now Online at Pennsylvania Highways

Started by PAHighways, March 22, 2019, 07:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHighways

I have been working on updating and upgrading the Pennsylvania MUTCD section of my website for the past six months, and I can finally announce work [for now] is complete.

Check out the new and improved pages at http://www.pahighways.com/mutcd/.

PHLBOS

Nice job but one critique (and I mentioned this on FB as well) the use of the Clearview font per the IA only applies towards positive contrast, mixed-case lettering (i.e. light letters on darker backgrounds).  Everything else, including all usage of numerals, is to be FHWA/Highway Gothic (what's referred to as Standard alphabets in the linked-IA (Q. 11).

Proper example of a mileage BGS w/Clearview lettering & FHWA numerals (Series E).

Note: the posted Pennsylvania Welcomes You signage at the state borders has since been changed to a completely new design.  Love it or hate it, such is now the new standard.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

PAHighways

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 25, 2019, 11:46:25 AMNote: the posted Pennsylvania Welcomes You signage at the state borders has since been changed to a completely new design.  Love it or hate it, such is now the new standard.

It will no doubt be in the next edition of the Handbook of Approved Signs, as well as flashing yellow arrows in the next Traffic Signal Handbook.  I didn't want to jump the gun on changes since the last editions but instead wait for the official publications.

PAHighways

Copies of the 1975 and 2006 signage guides are now viewable and downloadable at http://www.pahighways.com/mutcd/.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.