News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

AR: Unsigned and disconnected routes

Started by cjk374, April 09, 2009, 06:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjk374

There are LOTS and LOTS of routes in Arkansas not signed.  I think Arkansas is the worst in this department (lemme know if I'm wrong).  They have state highways that have different sections that aren't even connected!!  :confused:  In 1997, I worked for T.L. James Construction in Crime Bluff (er...uh... PINE Bluff) when they were finishing the I-530/US 63/US 65/US 79 bypass (did I name them all?? :-D).  After you leave Pine Bluff, there are no more signs for the US hwys all the way to Little Rock. TALK ABOUT CONFUSING!!! :no: :confused:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

I believe Jeremy once asked AHTD why routes weren't posted and they some high & mighty response about "we only post the most important route".
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cjk374

Here's an example... AR 160... Its western segment runs from OK state line near Brightstarand ends on AR 19 at Macedonia.  There are no more signs for AR 160 (and that includeds multiplexing w/ another road) unless you go to Mt. Holly in Union County.  That segment runs from there to Smackover.  Still, after no other signage, you find (looking on a map) yet a 3rd segment running from Harrell to Fountain Hill.  And that's not the only example.  It can get confusing if you don't have a good sense of the area.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Part of it may be they are separate sections and do not interconnect?  Arkansas has (3) AR 45's, (3) 244's, (5) AR 74's,  (2) AR 41's, etc. WHY? Only AHTD knows (though 45 was once upon a time, one long road).  :banghead:

Revive 755

Quote from: US71 on April 09, 2009, 09:43:31 PM
Part of it may be they are separate sections and do not interconnect?  Arkansas has (3) AR 45's, (3) 244's, (5) AR 74's,  (2) AR 41's, etc. WHY? Only AHTD knows (though 45 was once upon a time, one long road).  :banghead:

They must have used the same person who numbered routes in Nebraska. 

How easy would it be to connect the various routes with the same numbers in Arkansas?

US71

159 would be difficult to join: it stops & starts numerous times between Pine Bluff & Eudora and bounces around on either side of US 65

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.