News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Photos in the Snow

Started by Ian, March 01, 2009, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Hey all!

In Philly, its snowing pretty hard as I type this message. This got to my attention on creating a new topic where all the members post some road photos (if any) in snow. I'll start...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Iansignal/NewYorkTrafficSignalsAndRoadSigns#5308425115500220418

Thats the only one I have  :-(
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

yanksfan6129

I'll try to get pics tomorrow, but I doubt I will leave my street! (Where I am, we're predicting 8-12 inches).

Alex

I walked about 45 minutes to get this photo at the tale end of a 2000 snowstorm in Newark, Delaware:

Last November, Andy and I drove to the west end of the eastern segment of California 168, which took us above the snow line. We stopped at the end and got out for a few minutes:

corco

Here's I-84 at the US-197 junction in the Dalles

US-30 near Scappoose, Ore

Here's the first eastbound I-80/US 189 reassurance shield in Wyoming

SR 903 at its end

I've got dozens more but those are the first few I could quickly find

corco

Oh here's one of my favorites

and the plow path on SR 141

haljackey

A few from around here:

corco

Here's a few more from my offline collection of uncropped photos (eventually I'll get them all online)

Here's US-30 at the I-405 junction in West Portland.

Here's US-30 where it splits from I-84 to go through Cascade Locks

When I drove from Tacoma back to Idaho this December I decided to go through Oregon to maximize the amount of new road I'd be able to drive. I knew there was a storm coming but figured I could just outrun it, but that wasn't the case, so I ended up doing a lot of road photography in one of the biggest snowstorms to hit Portland in a decade

Here's C-125 just north of the C-127 junction by the Wyoming line. Really interesting ice surface on that road. Also, I think the Colorado shield is already one of my favorites, but it looks particularly nice in snow

Dougtone

I have plenty of photos taken while driving in the snow.  Living in Upstate New York, it really can't be avoided.  I'm including a picture from December 2000 of the famous US 104 shields in Oswego, NY, at the northern terminus of NY 48.  As of January 2009, the shields were still there.

[attachment deleted by admin]

hbelkins

I drove through snow on my recent trip to Milford, PA. I'll have photos up soon on http://www.millenniumhwy.net/roadtrips.html. Look for my 2004 trip to Washington DC for some snow photos along I-68 in the meantime.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

WillWeaverRVA

Sounds like a nice idea. Here's a couple photos I took on Monday:

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

BigMattFromTexas

these aren't road pics but it's snow
never in real life have i seen snow like any of those pictures :( 
this is alot of snow in San Angelo, Tx

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.