News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Funniest street names

Started by J Route Z, September 15, 2014, 12:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantheman

My favorite... the most exciting neighborhood in Saratoga County.

I sometimes wonder how someone who lives on these can take themselves seriously when telling another person their address.

Quillz

I don't know if it really qualifies as funny, but today when driving back from the Eastern Sierra, I came across "Manzanar Reward Road."

The name makes sense, because Reward is a small community nearby Manzanar. But if you know your history, associating those two words together is... odd.

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on November 12, 2020, 02:44:04 PM

Quote from: STLmapboy on November 12, 2020, 02:25:16 PM
Somebody has to have mentioned Shreveport's Stoner Avenue.

Searching within a thread searches for all instances in that thread only (elsewhere, it's a maximum of one per thread, but throughout the whole forum). No need to manually look through 34 pages; the word Stoner only returns one result (two once I submit this), and it's yours.

There's also a Stoner Lane in Rogers, AR.
https://goo.gl/maps/XywkpaqUGZmKVJSw9
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Quillz

There is also a Stoner Street in Culver City, CA.

kphoger

Not so much funny, as unusual:  Toh-N-hah, here in Wichita
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on June 27, 2023, 03:40:04 PM
Not so much funny, as unusual:  Toh-N-hah, here in Wichita

Gives new meaning to half-ton pickup.

rlb2024

These streets are in a subdivision in Metairie, LA (suburb of New Orleans): Shamrops, Canary Ansas, Cocos Plumosas, Washingtonian, Robeline, and Reclanada.  Apparently they are variations of palm trees, but some of those names for streets are, well, bizarre.  I wonder how many strange misspellings the Postal Service has to deal with.

formulanone

Capslock Trail in Pendleton, South Carolina.

No Street View to determine the number of upper case letters in the sign.

DandyDan

As I visit my friend in Independence, Missouri, I am amused by the fact the street at the end of his street is R. D. Mize Rd. I don't know who R.D. Mize is, but I worry about our demise.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

epzik8

Blue Ball Road, Elkton, Maryland.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Max Rockatansky

Lake Forest, CA has a whole series of roads named after Sesame Street characters  in the Kimberly Gardens neighborhood.

Road Hog

A huge subdivision in my hometown a decade ago decided to name some of their streets after some rare breeds of horses. Andalusian and Palomino I get. But Trakehner and Hanoverian? They did some deep research.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.