News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Potential Springfield Neighborhood Tour-Canceled

Started by kevinb1994, May 03, 2019, 12:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davmillar

Any specific date ranges folks are interested in? I'm thinking a Saturday in September or October. The only one that wouldn't work for me is Sept. 28.
Try out my puzzle game Interst8 at https://interst8.us

davmillar

Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 03, 2019, 12:59:24 PM
Quote from: davmillar on July 03, 2019, 12:22:56 PM
Any specific date ranges folks are interested in? I'm thinking a Saturday in September or October. The only one that wouldn't work for me is Sept. 28.
Um, can we please put this meet on hold until 2024? That would be ideal, as that is the 175th anniversary of the founding of Fort Worth as an army outpost on a bluff overlooking the Trinity River. That year is also the 150th anniversary of Fort Worth as an incorporated city, so there's double meaning to a Fort Worth Road Meet in 2024. :biggrin:
Alternate idea: since the proposed meet spends a lot of time west of the city, maybe have a separate meet that's more FW-centric in 2024? Would probably be better to stick closer to the city then, and there could be alternate activities for that one, like clinching loop I-820 and maybe I-35W.

davmillar

Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 03, 2019, 01:27:21 PM
A proper date for davmillar's ideas for a 2019 Fort Worth Road Meet later this year (late summer/early fall) should consist of a poll to determine which date would work best for those interested in attending. In that case, a separate poll thread may need to be created.
I'll check for any other events or construction that could cause conflicts and will create a poll thread. In the meantime, this thread can get renamed back to a general Texas meetup discussion thread in case folks were angling for an Austin meet as well and wanted to do pre-planning here.

Alps

Quote from: davmillar on July 03, 2019, 01:14:41 PM
Um, can we please put this meet on hold until 2024? That would be ideal, as that is the 175th anniversary of the founding of Fort Worth as an army outpost on a bluff overlooking the Trinity River. That year is also the 150th anniversary of Fort Worth as an incorporated city, so there's double meaning to a Fort Worth Road Meet in 2024. :biggrin:
Alternate idea: since the proposed meet spends a lot of time west of the city, maybe have a separate meet that's more FW-centric in 2024? Would probably be better to stick closer to the city then, and there could be alternate activities for that one, like clinching loop I-820 and maybe I-35W.
Ignore Kevin, FWIW. If you want to do the meet this year, next year, whenever, just do it! You have that right! He is not the meet police.

NE2

Who cares about multiples of 25? Fuck off, Kevin.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

cl94

Quote from: Alps on July 03, 2019, 05:30:09 PM
Ignore Kevin, FWIW. If you want to do the meet this year, next year, whenever, just do it! You have that right! He is not the meet police.

This. If you're not gonna host the meet, you don't get to choose the date. End of story.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Brandon

Quote from: cl94 on July 03, 2019, 06:59:05 PM
Quote from: Alps on July 03, 2019, 05:30:09 PM

This. If you're not gonna host the meet, you don't get to choose the date. End of story.

Much agreed.  Kev, either shit or get off the pot.  Have the gumption and drive without your parents and host it, or knock it off with the silly crap.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

sprjus4

Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 04, 2019, 02:27:04 PM
Look guys, I don't have the means to drive right now.
Then don't talk about hosting a road meet - and nobody will say anything.

US71

Quote from: sprjus4 on July 08, 2019, 02:27:07 AM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on July 04, 2019, 02:27:04 PM
Look guys, I don't have the means to drive right now.
Then don't talk about hosting a road meet - and nobody will say anything.

sprjus4 may be a bit blunt, but if you can't host you may want to postpone any plans unless you know someone in the area who can assist. IF it happened I would be interested in attending, but too far away to consider hosting such a shindig.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.