News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Torreon / Gomez palcio bypass opens

Started by US 41, October 20, 2014, 06:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

Thanks to jbte I found out the new torreon bypass is now open. Apparently it was a pretty big deal. Mexico's president went to Torreon since the bypass was opening. The east end of the limited access bypass is a trumpet interchange just east of matamoros and the west end is at the 40D / 49D interchange. If I end up going to Mexico I'll take some pics of it. I believe that the bypass is a toll route.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Chris

US 41

I put it on Openstreet Map yesterday and labeled it as Libramiento Laguna Norte. Someone later came through and also added 40D. I also told google maps it was completed. It has been a couple of months of it being opened and no one shows it which I find strange. I wonder if Google will show it r just ignore my message.

US 41

kphoger

That was fast. IIRC, it took Google Maps a couple of years to realize the northwestern Saltillo bypass should be anything but a white line. I'm glad the connection at Matamoros is a full trumpet, because that makes it reasonable to get to it from the free road--i.e. coming from Zapata or even Matamoros itself. I half expected the to be no access to or from the west.

I'm doubly impressed, too, that this bypass is already included in the database for the SCT "Traza Tu Rita" portal. Punching in directions from Saltillo to Durango, for example, gives you an itinerary that follows the Libramiento Norte de La Laguna.

This is definitely a toll road I would use if ever I had to get from the Saltillo area to points north or west of Torreón. 80 pesos to completely bypass the city ain't bad.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US 41

kphoger

Wow, thanks for the video, @US 41! I totally got my roadgeek on with that. I suspect, watching the video, that traffic will be sufficiently heavy to make overtaking against oncoming traffic rather dicey. There appear to be enough curves to make a clear view ahead a rare commodity for passing. I've been on roads like that before (Saltillo bypass, specifically) where both directions have cars passing trucks but don't realize it till almost the conflict point. I bet they're going to wish they'd four-laned a lot more of it.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US 41

Quote from: kphoger on September 28, 2015, 08:07:17 PM
Wow, thanks for the video, @US 41! I totally got my roadgeek on with that. I suspect, watching the video, that traffic will be sufficiently heavy to make overtaking against oncoming traffic rather dicey. There appear to be enough curves to make a clear view ahead a rare commodity for passing. I've been on roads like that before (Saltillo bypass, specifically) where both directions have cars passing trucks but don't realize it till almost the conflict point. I bet they're going to wish they'd four-laned a lot more of it.

You're welcome. The new eastern Chihuahua Bypass that recently opened was also built as a two lane expressway. However I believe it is free to drive on, unlike the Torreon Bypass. My guess is that the Torreon Bypass will be the busiest between MX 30 and MX 49, especially since SCT is rebuilding all of MX 30 from San Pedro to San Buenaventura. COAH 34 is also being rebuilt its entire distance between MX 30 and MX 57. The speed limit is going to be raised from 80 km/h to 100 km/h and up to 110 km/h in certain places. Pictures below are from what has been completed so far.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.