News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The World's Most Perfect Road Sign...

Started by Dougtone, November 27, 2009, 04:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

Not sure where to put this, so I choose to place this post in the Off-Topic category...

Yesterday when I was in up Syracuse, NY for Thanksgiving dinner, I found the world's perfect road sign as I was driving to my destination.  Basically it was an advertisement for a brand of beer, using a rough template of a road sign (with some inaccuracies).

The photo is at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougtone/4136544211/

WillWeaverRVA

Haha, nice. If only it were button copy.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Dougtone

Brandon

LOL!

Of course it's out of date now with the rush to Clearview. :-P
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

US71

Quote from: Brandon on November 30, 2009, 11:40:50 AM
LOL!

Of course it's out of date now with the rush to Clearview. :-P

So remake it ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Dougtone

In New York, it appears that only the Thruway Authority and the Westchester County DPW (or whatever they call their Highway Department) uses Clearview.  So no rush in remaking the sign into Clearview until it is mandated by the MUTCD with a loss of federal highway funds if they don't.

Bickendan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.