News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

DENTON TX: I-35E UNT Ped bridge and BGS Modification

Started by Brian556, October 25, 2012, 02:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

The BGS's have been modified as a result of this bridge's installation. The old overhead sign bridge that also had a sign for I-35 NORTH Oklahoma City has been removed, and replaced with this side-mounted sign. All other BGS's in the area are overhead. I wonder if they side-mounted it for asthetics, because UNT did't want to hide their bridge. This is bad in my opinion. I guess they don't think drivers need to know that I-35E becomes I-35 here.

Also can't figure out why the orange sign has no arrow. This stuff baffles me. probably the result of somebody's low IQ.

InterstateNG

I demand an apology.

Alps

I agree with the OP. When you're on a route that changes designations, it needs a pull-through sign. Also, the ramp looks well-used; major interchanges should have overhead signs, certainly at the exit gore. Bad job by TxDOT engineers, and I'm equally baffled as to the orange sign that tells you nothing.

InterstateNG

I demand an apology.

Brian556

QuoteI don't see the issue with the BGS.
It's made right, but it's not overhead, and the 35 NORTH Oklahoma City sign has been eliminated.

QuoteIs the re-signing complete for this project?
It appears that way.

Also notice that the 35W shield spec. I've seen many new I-35E shields that have a space so they read 35 E. I've never seen any 35W shields like this. Then again, I'm never on 35W. I'm wondering if some of those will appear, or if that won't be possible due to the W being wider than the E.

Alps

Quote from: Brian556 on October 25, 2012, 10:29:50 PM
QuoteI don't see the issue with the BGS.
It's made right, but it's not overhead, and the 35 NORTH Oklahoma City sign has been eliminated.

QuoteIs the re-signing complete for this project?
It appears that way.

Also notice that the 35W shield spec. I've seen many new I-35E shields that have a space so they read 35 E. I've never seen any 35W shields like this. Then again, I'm never on 35W. I'm wondering if some of those will appear, or if that won't be possible due to the W being wider than the E.

Yeah, the 35W fills the shield and is standard TxDOT sign standards, so don't expect a space. I'm surprised there's room to do it even for the E, and moreover, I'm not sure it's appropriate.

bassoon1986

Quote from: Brian556 on October 25, 2012, 10:29:50 PM

I've noticed those too. Around 121 or the Bush turnpike in Lewisville I think

Brian556

QuoteI've noticed those too. Around 121 or the Bush turnpike in Lewisville I think

Known locations of 35_E signs:
Garden Ridge interchange
NB Harry Hines, N of I-635
Possible locations:
NB reassurance at Bush Turnpike
NB reasurrance after NW Hwy-may be gone due to construction

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.