News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OCGuy81

Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2021, 04:20:54 PM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 29, 2021, 04:19:25 PM
Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2021, 04:18:32 PM
Hopefully the Packers have sense enough to draft Kadarius Toney or another offensive weapon with the #29 pick tonight.

I'm hoping they're smarter this year.  They've traded with Indy to move to 21 last I saw.

They did? Did that just break?

Only reason I ask is because this is from their Twitter account just a couple hours ago:
https://twitter.com/packers/status/1387826818141544456

I misspoke.  I looked again, and it looks like they're still at 29.  This is likely rumor mill stuff I was reading on Twitter.

webny99

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 29, 2021, 05:01:29 PM
I misspoke.  I looked again, and it looks like they're still at 29.  This is likely rumor mill stuff I was reading on Twitter.

No worries, just making sure I didn't miss anything!

OCGuy81

As a Packers fan, I didn't even have to wait for the draft to be disappointed.....if this is indeed true.

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers, 37, has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

More at the link below:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31359453/aaron-rodgers-want-return-green-bay-packers-sources-say

thspfc

Quote from OCGuy81
Plenty of terrible owners out there, but yes, the Halas grandkids aren't that competent at running the team.

(also see Jones, Jerruh)

The Cowboys suffer from a megalomaniac owner who THINKS he's also a coach.....doesn't work so well.
I have two simple numbers that refute this.

1. Cowboys value when Jones bought the team: $140 million (roughly $300 million adjusted for inflation)

2. Cowboys value today: $5.5 billion

Conclusion: you have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

OCGuy81

Quote from: thspfc on April 29, 2021, 07:14:25 PM
Quote from OCGuy81
Plenty of terrible owners out there, but yes, the Halas grandkids aren't that competent at running the team.

(also see Jones, Jerruh)

The Cowboys suffer from a megalomaniac owner who THINKS he's also a coach.....doesn't work so well.
I have two simple numbers that refute this.

1. Cowboys value when Jones bought the team: $140 million (roughly $300 million adjusted for inflation)

2. Cowboys value today: $5.5 billion

Conclusion: you have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

I'm not saying he doesn't have business savvy.  Your stats are all factual, and he's made a great return on his investment.

I was arguing that the reason they haven't had near the amount of success in recent decades is when old man Jones meddles too much in the coaching.  You hire a coach to, well, coach.

Takumi

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 29, 2021, 06:54:41 PM
As a Packers fan, I didn't even have to wait for the draft to be disappointed.....if this is indeed true.

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers, 37, has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

More at the link below:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31359453/aaron-rodgers-want-return-green-bay-packers-sources-say
At least he has his TV career to fall back on.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadgeekteen

We got Mac Jones without trading up!
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on March 26, 2021, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: thspfc on March 26, 2021, 01:21:05 PM
Huge news: Dolphins trade the 3rd overall pick to the Niners in exchange for the 12th overall pick and a boatload of other draft picks. Only logical explanation for this is that the Niners are going to draft a QB. ...

Wow. Now for a full month of speculation: I have a prediction, but I'll keep it to myself.

Called it. I figured all along the 49ers would draft Trey Lance and not Mac Jones. It was kind of weird how secretive they kept it right up until announcing the pick. As expected, the first three picks were QB's and then Justin Fields to the Bears (via Giants) at #11 and Mac Jones to the Pats at #15.

There's been three trades so far: Eagles/Cowboys, Giants/Bears, and Vikings/Jets (via Seahawks)

Alps

Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2021, 11:35:19 PM
Huge news: Dolphins trade the 3rd overall pick to the Niners in exchange for the 12th overall pick and a boatload of other draft picks. Only logical explanation for this is that the Niners are going to draft a QB. ...

Wow. Now for a full month of speculation: I have a prediction, but I'll keep it to myself.

Called it. I figured all along the 49ers would draft Trey Lance and not Mac Jones. It was kind of weird how secretive they kept it right up until announcing the pick. As expected, the first three picks were QB's and then Justin Fields to the Bears (via Giants) at #11 and Mac Jones to the Pats at #15.

There's been three trades so far: Eagles/Cowboys, Giants/Bears, and Vikings/Jets (via Seahawks)
Jets finally look like a competent team.

cwf1701

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 29, 2021, 11:45:41 AM
Rodgers didn't have an amazing season because of drafting Love. He had an amazing season because he finally got a better O-line.

If Aaron Rodgers had been drafted by and played behind the OL of the Bears, he'd have been out of the league long before now.

And behind the Lions OL, he would have the bust label put on him in his 2nd year. (see Andre Ware, Chuck Long, Joey Harrington, etc.)

jmacswimmer

Bears: trade up & select Justin Fields

Me:

All of Chicago, probably:
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Roadgeekteen

Why would they tell us who they were going to draft?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 30, 2021, 08:03:58 AM

Called it. I figured all along the 49ers would draft Trey Lance and not Mac Jones. It was kind of weird how secretive they kept it right up until announcing the pick. ...

Of course they aren't going to proclaim it publicly, but usually a good number of people within the organization know, and the media and league sources have basically it figured out before draft night (like what happened with the Jets).

But in this case it seems that literally no one besides Lynch/Shanahan knew the pick, not even the 49ers other coaches.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: webny99 on April 30, 2021, 08:35:25 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 30, 2021, 08:03:58 AM

Called it. I figured all along the 49ers would draft Trey Lance and not Mac Jones. It was kind of weird how secretive they kept it right up until announcing the pick. ...

Of course they aren't going to proclaim it publicly, but usually a good number of people within the organization know, and the media and league sources have basically it figured out before draft night (like what happened with the Jets).

But in this case it seems that literally no one besides Lynch/Shanahan knew the pick, not even the 49ers other coaches.

I mean with how good people like Adam Schefter are at prying out information, I can't blame teams for getting more & more paranoid about sharing info even in-house.
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Roadgeekteen

Who do you think will have the best career?

Wilson
Lance
Fields
Jones

OCGuy81

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 30, 2021, 11:58:57 AM

Wilson
Lance
Fields
Jones

I'd certainly rule out Fields, given Chicago's track record at the QB position.

webny99

Wilson
Lance
Fields
Jones

No Lawrence?

I really have no idea. Making predictions about NFL careers doesn't usually go well, but I think all five fanbases should be excited.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: webny99 on April 30, 2021, 12:57:28 PM

Wilson
Lance
Fields
Jones

No Lawrence?

I really have no idea. Making predictions about NFL careers doesn't usually go well, but I think all five fanbases should be excited.
If I put Lawrence everyone would say him.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 30, 2021, 01:17:42 PM

I might say Lance because he's in a better situation. The Jags don't exactly have a reputation of winning, and Urban Meyer is a big question mark.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: webny99 on April 30, 2021, 01:21:52 PM

I might say Lance because he's in a better situation. The Jags don't exactly have a reputation of winning, and Urban Meyer is a big question mark.

Lance is the biggest risk because of his playing FCS.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jmacswimmer

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 30, 2021, 01:34:38 PM

I might go Jones just because Belichick/McDaniels.

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 30, 2021, 12:09:15 PM

Ouch...that stings, but I can't say it isn't true :banghead:  :ded:
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

OCGuy81

Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 30, 2021, 01:43:45 PM

To give credit where it's due, the Bears have long been great on defense.  Just that QB slot.....who was the last great Bears QB?  McMahon??

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 30, 2021, 01:51:41 PM

To give credit where it's due, the Bears have long been great on defense.  Just that QB slot.....who was the last great Bears QB?  McMahon??

McMahon was great until a dirty, filthy Packers player body slammed him to the turf and ruined his career. I would say that guy should be shot, but he took care of it himself.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jmacswimmer

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 30, 2021, 01:51:41 PM

Josh McCown? :-D

(For the record, I'm only half-joking....he had a run in the back half of the 2013 season lighting up the stat sheet in relief of an injured Jay Cutler, to the point that much of the fanbase wanted him to keep starting when Cutler returned.)
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Alps

Wilson
Lance
Fields
Jones
Cautiously optimistic it's Wilson and the Jets have turned the corner, but let's see who else they draft.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.