Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 11, 2021, 01:31:03 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2021, 01:20:31 PM
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1392146421197987845?s=19

What do you guys think about London games?

Aw that sucks!! I was hoping Covid would've been the nail in the coffin for Goedell's dream of a London franchise.
With the UK's high vaccination rate this is possible. Mexico was canceled, however.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

OCGuy81

To answer your previous question regarding London games, I'm not a fan at all, and don't see a franchise there working out from a logistics standpoint.

The time difference is what would be a huge disadvantage to both the London team and the visiting team.  It's one thing for a west coast team to play on the east coast or vice versa.  You're dealing with a 3 hour difference.

But a west coast team traveling to London, or vice versa? 8 hours!  That's some jet lag!

Mexico City would make more sense as they're in Central time.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 11, 2021, 03:09:24 PM
To answer your previous question regarding London games, I'm not a fan at all, and don't see a franchise there working out from a logistics standpoint.

The time difference is what would be a huge disadvantage to both the London team and the visiting team.  It's one thing for a west coast team to play on the east coast or vice versa.  You're dealing with a 3 hour difference.

But a west coast team traveling to London, or vice versa? 8 hours!  That's some jet lag!

Mexico wouldn't be covid-possible.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

OCGuy81

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2021, 03:14:47 PM

Correct, right now.  But I'm thinking long term, and how the commissioner has mentioned before he'd love to take the NFL global.  (Obviously he forgets how ummm "successful" NFL Europe was...)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 11, 2021, 03:18:29 PM

Correct, right now.  But I'm thinking long term, and how the commissioner has mentioned before he'd love to take the NFL global.  (Obviously he forgets how ummm "successful" NFL Europe was...)
NFL Europe wasn't the real thing, however.

OCGuy81

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2021, 03:30:49 PM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 11, 2021, 03:18:29 PM

NFL Europe wasn't the real thing, however.

True, but what I've read says that the response to the NFL over there has been mediocre.  The fans turning out at the stadium are mostly expats.  I just don't see a team working there.....but I suppose that's why I'm not making that sweet commissioner salary.

thspfc

Am I weird if I look forward to the schedule release more than I look forward to the draft? I can't wait to see the schedule tomorrow. Can't wait to see who the NFL values as prime time national TV teams. Obviously teams like the Cowboys and Packers get a lot of nationally televised games every season. The Chiefs and Seahawks have been popular during the regimes of their respective star quarterbacks. But this year I would also expect the Buccaneers, Bills, Rams, 49ers, Browns, and Colts to get a lot of national games. The Jaguars will get more attention than they have in the past. Watch out for Jags/Panthers as a possible week 2 Thursday night matchup.

The NFL increased the maximum number of prime time games a team can be scheduled for from 5 to 7. We'll see if any team gets 6 or 7 night games.

The Cowboys have been rumored as a likely opening night opponent for the Buccaneers. That's a welcome idea to me, as it would mean them playing in scorching Florida at night rather than during the day.

Death, taxes, and Cowboys/Giants on national TV.

The most enticing game of the regular season is Bucs at Pats for obvious reasons.

wanderer2575

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2021, 10:31:17 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 11, 2021, 10:28:14 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 11, 2021, 10:20:07 AM
Quote from: thspfc on May 11, 2021, 07:25:42 AM
Bets on how long it takes the media to clamor for Tebow to start over Lawrence at QB? My guess is week 3.
Lol the media would be dumb, Tebow hasn't played QB since 2012.

The media has one goal: Stir up controversy.
Sports media is one of the worst parts about modern sports.

Sports media is one of the big parts of keeping the $$$ flowing to teams, players... and media.  Just sayin'.

OCGuy81

Quote from: thspfc on May 11, 2021, 04:09:29 PM
Am I weird if I look forward to the schedule release more than I look forward to the draft? I can't wait to see the schedule tomorrow. Can't wait to see who the NFL values as prime time national TV teams. Obviously teams like the Cowboys and Packers get a lot of nationally televised games every season. The Chiefs and Seahawks have been popular during the regimes of their respective star quarterbacks. But this year I would also expect the Buccaneers, Bills, Rams, 49ers, Browns, and Colts to get a lot of national games. The Jaguars will get more attention than they have in the past. Watch out for Jags/Panthers as a possible week 2 Thursday night matchup.

The NFL increased the maximum number of prime time games a team can be scheduled for from 5 to 7. We'll see if any team gets 6 or 7 night games.

The Cowboys have been rumored as a likely opening night opponent for the Buccaneers. That's a welcome idea to me, as it would mean them playing in scorching Florida at night rather than during the day.

Death, taxes, and Cowboys/Giants on national TV.

The most enticing game of the regular season is Bucs at Pats for obvious reasons.

Aren't Thursday night games supposed to be Amazon exclusives?

webny99

Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 11, 2021, 04:38:32 PM

In 2022, yes.

webny99

Am I weird if I look forward to the schedule release more than I look forward to the draft? I can't wait to see the schedule tomorrow. Can't wait to see who the NFL values as prime time national TV teams.

More than the draft is a bit much, but I agree with your sentiment.

Bills-Bucs has to be top-5 as well. And don't forget Jets-Jags.
(I'm weirdly looking forward to Rams-Lions also, but I don't think it's top 5, LOL!)

OCGuy81

Quote from: webny99 on May 11, 2021, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on May 11, 2021, 04:38:32 PM

In 2022, yes.

Got it.  I wonder if they'll make those better matchups to entice people into subscribing to Prime.  Last year had some good ones, but prior to that, Thursday night games were usually mediocre matchups.

Sunday Night Football is definitely the marquee game of the week.  Of course, I'm old enough to remember when that was Monday Night Football, but the times they are a changin.

Roadgeekteen

Excited for Bucs at Pats.

MinecraftNinja

Aaron Rodgers please stay in Green Bay.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MinecraftNinja on May 11, 2021, 09:49:34 PM
Aaron Rodgers please stay in Green Bay.
Aren't you a Vikings fan?

MinecraftNinja

Somebody already has Green Bay avatar

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MinecraftNinja on May 11, 2021, 10:10:59 PM
Somebody already has Green Bay avatar
Then why use the Vikings one? They are big rivals.

webny99

Well, Vikings fans might be in support of the Packers organization if they trade Rodgers out of the division.   :-P

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: webny99 on May 11, 2021, 10:22:00 PM
Well, Vikings fans might be in support of the Packers organization if they trade Rodgers out of the division.   :-P
No, he wants Aaron Rodgers to stay in Green Bay.

thspfc

Week 1:

Cowboys at Bucs on Thursday night
Packers at Saints on Sunday afternoon
Broncos at Giants on Sunday afternoon
Bears at Rams on Sunday night

It's obvious that the NFL is putting both the Packers and Broncos in the same window and network to follow wherever Rodgers goes. I think there's a 90% chance he stays with the Packers, but if not the Broncos are the most likely destination.

thspfc

Not surprised that the Rams are in prime time right away, though I might have expected it to be the Lions instead of the Bears.

thspfc

Jets at Panthers is the headliner of the week 1 early slate.

Interesting that both CBS and Fox seemingly have national games in the 3:25 time slot, Browns/Chiefs and Packers/Saints.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: thspfc
link=topic=26378.msg2612774#msg2612774 date=1620824110

Jets at Panthers is the headliner of the week 1 early slate.

Interesting that both CBS and Fox seemingly have national games in the 3:25 time slot, Browns/Chiefs and Packers/Saints.

That's normal though. But based on the NFL overly complicated and restrictive TB rules, not all makets will see both games.

Roadgeekteen

Cowboys Buccaneers opener.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: thspfc on May 12, 2021, 08:48:46 AM
Week 1:

Bears at Rams on Sunday night

Bears played (and won) the first game in Lucas Oil Stadium, now they get to play the first game in SoFi stadium that has fans.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.