News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: Billy F 1988 on October 02, 2023, 04:25:13 PM
Yeah, I think Bill's time as a Patriot coach is coming to an imminent end. Like all dynasties, they all come to an end at some point.

The only person(s) who can make that decision are Robert and Jonathan Kraft, and it's far from clear they'll do that anytime soon. That said, the team is effectively in a ditch. Retirements of key personnel (McCourty), injuries, boneheaded coaching decisions (Judge/Patricia), too many players not living up to their billing, and so on. The Patriots Dynasty ended in 2019, even when Tom Brady was still with the team. As great a coach as BB is, his post-Brady moves haven't moved the team forward, although I also think New England fans have been spoiled by 20 years of unprecedented success.

webny99

Quote from: 1 on October 02, 2023, 06:11:08 PM
I'm hoping the Seahawks win today so the win/loss distribution is exactly as it should be: two 4-0, eight 3-1, twelve 2-2, eight 1-3, and two 0-4.

You got your wish as Daniel Jones was sacked 11 times and the Seahawks coasted to a 24-3 victory.

Notably, both 4-0 teams and both 0-4 teams are in the NFC. The entire AFC is either 3-1, 2-2, or 1-3, and the entire AFC South is 2-2.

There are five teams allowing 15 points per game or less through four weeks: Chiefs (15.0), Ravens (14.5), 49ers (14.5), Bills (13.8), and Cowboys (10.3). Amusingly, 68% of the Cowboys' points allowed have been to the Cardinals.

Only the Patriots (13.8), Bengals (12.3), and Giants (11.5) are scoring 15 points per game or less, while 10 teams have failed to eclipse the Dolphins' single game mark of 70 points through all four games combined.

thspfc

Commanders
Bills
Texans
Lions
Titans
Dolphins
Patriots
Ravens
Bengals
Eagles
Jets
Chiefs
49ers
Raiders

The deadline to fork for 20 points is tonight.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on September 06, 2023, 03:08:47 PM
Forks: Patriots, Colts, Texans, Raiders, Commanders, Packers, Bucs, Cardinals

Bucs might cost me.

Add Bears, Broncos, Panthers, Giants
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

Bucs are going to cost all of us the same. So, no harm, no foul. The Bears are the only team that everyone has forked that everyone didn't do so in the preseason.

Just thought I'd see which teams have been forked by the most players:

7 Players - Bears, Bucs, Cardinals, Colts, Texans
6 Players - Broncos, Panthers, Patriots, Raiders
5 Players - Giants, Jets
4 Players - Packers
3 Players - Commanders, Steelers
2 Players - Browns, Falcons, Rams, Vikings
1 Player - Bengals (me), Cowboys (Henry), Ravens (Henry), Titans (webny99)

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on September 22, 2023, 08:02:30 AM

Quote from: thspfc on September 10, 2023, 08:40:00 PM
webny99
Rams (25)
Cardinals (25)
Colts (25)
Titans (25)
Texans (25)
Bears (25)
Bucs (25)
Panthers (25)
Total: 200
I am also forking the Raiders, Steelers, Patriots, and Giants. So I'm at 12 teams total.

Bucs and Rams look like terrible choices, but otherwise the list looks OK.

I don't see any standout value forks to add (yes I am aware I haven't forked the Broncos or Jets yet). Sticking with this list for now.

jmacswimmer

Wow...the Bears prospects the rest of the season are no different and the rest of the games may be just like the first 4, but getting to be on hand for their first win in just under a calendar year was a pretty cool experience I won't soon forget.

Saw a number of Butkus jerseys (including the one visible here), though with the timing of the news on his passing it may have been purely coincidental. RIP #51

"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

tmoore952

I happened to be driving home (DC area) a half hour before kickoff last night. WTOP (news radio in DC) was interviewing tailgating fans at FedEx Field. Reproter stated that several people stated belied that team "would be 5-2 when Philadelphia comes to town".

Oh well.

I highly suspect the fanbase overlooked the Bears. It would appear the team did too. From the Bears perspective, they must have been very annoyed after last Sunday's collapse.

Personal disclosure - I grew up in Philadelphia area, and moved to DC araa in 2001. Never have changed my Eagles fandom, part of that was due to Dan Snyder who was the owner by 2001, and part was because I saw all 3 of DC's SB victories while waiting 50 years for my Eagles to win one. So I sort of watch all this local stuff from a distance. I sincerely hope DC team gets its act back together, but only in years when the Eagles aren't also good.

Henry

So I guess Butkus' death inspired the Bears to get their first win. I agree, this moment was both happy and sad at the same time.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

ET21

At least for one week, it feels good to finally see them win a game
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

epzik8

As my aunt from Myrtle Beach via Rhode Island told me last Tuesday, either Mac Jones or Bill Belichick needs to be sent packing by the Patriots.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Ted$8roadFan

What a disgraceful performance by the Patriots. Not only losing big for two weeks in a row, but being lifeless while not getting it done. Note to Pats fans under 35: this is how the Pats were before 2000.

Max Rockatansky

The Patriots were pretty respectable during the Parcels era in the 1990s.

Big John

Can we call them the Patsies again?

thspfc

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on October 08, 2023, 07:11:39 PM
Note to Pats fans under 35: this is how the Pats were before 2000.
Patriots fans acting like they've gone through so much hardship because of the team's 20th century struggles is really no different from the Cowboys fans everyone loves to hate acting like their team is great because of the 90s.

I'm not into the constant drama between fanbases, your favorite football team shouldn't be your whole personality. But I will say that Patriots fans who witnessed the Brady years - regardless of how much bad football they witnessed before (or after) that - are incredibly spoiled and saying otherwise is just playing a useless game of "woe is me".

I can't imagine how good today's win felt for Nathaniel Hackett after Payton's offseason comments. Happy for him, and so far, Payton's coaching job has been worse than Hackett's.

Pittsburgh continues to be Pittsburgh, Cincy's offense gets on track, and the Vikings become probably the best 1-4 team since the Vikings three years ago.

DenverBrian

Quote from: thspfc on October 08, 2023, 09:04:14 PM
I can't imagine how good today's win felt for Nathaniel Hackett after Payton's offseason comments. Happy for him, and so far, Payton's coaching job has been worse than Hackett's.
I wholeheartedly agree. Every time we think the Broncos have hit absolute rock bottom, they find a new low level.

jlam

Absolutely. Payton is overall a crummy guy. Negative comments towards other coaches and players and the Bountygate scandal are only part of what he has done.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: DenverBrian on October 08, 2023, 09:37:59 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Every time we think the Broncos have hit absolute rock bottom, they find a new low level.

Bring back the Dangerwich and see how deep that hole to the bottom really is.

webny99

Pittsburgh continues to be Pittsburgh

This could be interpreted in various ways, but to me it means being a mediocre to bad team that wins a lot of close, ugly games.. especially division games. "AFC North football" is cliché, but it's literally the reason Tomlin's non-losing season streak is somehow still alive despite being all but dead and buried in each of the last five seasons.

the Vikings become probably the best 1-4 team since the Vikings three years ago.

The Vikings play up or down to their competition to a level that transcends comedy. I saw somewhere that they have not won a game by 20+ points since 2019. For context, the Bears won by 20 last Thursday, and the Houston Texans have already done it twice this season. So I looked it up, and sure enough, the last Vikings win by 20+ was 39-10 over the Chargers at Dignity Health Sports Park in December 2019 (pre-SoFi!). That is truly next-level for a team that's been competitive that entire time. And while playing close games every week is entertaining, it's also very frustrating. Imposing your will and blowing out a team is something a good team needs to be able to do, and the Vikings have been incapable of doing it for almost four seasons. I guess being in 17 coin flip games a year is why they're never good or bad enough to break the eternal cycle of "stuck in the middle".

Hunty2022

I hate to do it, but I'm forking the New York Football Giants, and the Panthers if I haven't forked them already.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

mgk920

As of this weekend's action, who is now on the clock for the 2024 draft?

Mike

thspfc

If this is the Cowboys year then somebody else is gonna have to knock the 49ers out of the playoffs because Dallas sure isn't doing it. Very interesting game next week on both sides in Cowboys/Chargers.

Quote from: mgk920 on October 09, 2023, 12:40:03 AM
As of this weekend's action, who is now on the clock for the 2014 draft?

Mike
Houston, and they took Jadaveon Clowney.  :-D

But seriously, the Bears still have to be the favorite at 1-4 themselves plus 0-5 Carolina's pick.

mgk920

Quote from: thspfc on October 09, 2023, 12:47:23 AM
If this is the Cowboys year then somebody else is gonna have to knock the 49ers out of the playoffs because Dallas sure isn't doing it. Very interesting game next week on both sides in Cowboys/Chargers.

Quote from: mgk920 on October 09, 2023, 12:40:03 AM
As of this weekend's action, who is now on the clock for the 2014 draft?

Mike
Houston, and they took Jadaveon Clowney.  :-D

But seriously, the Bears still have to be the favorite at 1-4 themselves plus 0-5 Carolina's pick.

I had a case of dyslexic figners with my previous posting, but I did correct it.

:-P

Mike

jgb191

Niners came to the rescue and once again restored peace and quiet to my homeland of Texas!   :clap:

Like a cold front sweeping clear the noise from the stormy conditions, the Niners abruptly swept away the noise from the Cowboys fans....for now....that is until the Cowboys play against the sub 0.500 teams again and their noise returns.  Cowboys have loads of talent, but can't live up to their fans' hype.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

epzik8

Safe to call Bryce Young a bust yet?
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.