News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Far too early DE 1/16 road meet

Started by Alps, June 21, 2022, 08:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

https://news.delaware.gov/2022/06/21/deldot-marks-start-of-route-1-and-16-project/

I'm thinking 2024, since construction is "3 years" - the first year will be a lot of geotechnical work and maybe starting some structures, while year 2 will have some structures complete and will probably be the best balance between existing and proposed. Question for now is, what else around there will be worth seeing? US 404 is an obvious choice, can take US 9 to the ferry parking and get some photos there (meet photo with a ferry boat!), 1A and 1B are cool (as well as Bus. 9), can have a premeet or postmeet dip at Broadkill Beach at the east end of 16... okay maybe this writes itself! Hold me to it in a year...

jpi

Will definetly keep this in mind, since it is not too far from the Delaware\ Maryland beaches :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

davewiecking

Further south on US-113, construction is scheduled to start on the north Millsboro bypass in 2023. New interchange construction on US-113 at DE-404 is not scheduled to start until 2024.

dgolub

Yeah, I'm thinking that I'd like to get down there to get some before pictures prior to the start of construction while the traffic light is still there, but it seems a bit far for a day trip...

tckma

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

74/171FAN

Yeah that was definitely an error shield.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.