Can you get regular Michelobe Beer in your Market Area?

Started by roadman65, April 01, 2024, 06:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Ever since Ultra has been around, Anheiser Busch hasn't seem to market the regular or light brands of Michelobe Beer.  In Florida, it was sold at a store called ABC Liquor only as ABC is the ultimate store for booze. If they don't have it, no one will.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

tman

Michelob Golden (Light) is big in Minnesota (despite being brewed in St. Louis). You might hear people order a "Mick Golden." In fact, the bar code on what I had last summer was in the shape of Minnesota. It's widely available all over the state. I don't see it many other places, unlike Michelob Ultra.

jeffandnicole

(Michelob) no e at the end.

I'll see it around...occasionally.  It's one of those beers that catches your eye because it is a rare find. The larger liquor stores here in NJ may have it - Total Wine is probably one example where I'll see it.

MGD (Miller Genuine Draft) is another rarity since it's almost always Miller Lite, with an occasional Miller High Life being found.

tman

Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 01, 2024, 10:05:17 PM(Michelob) no e at the end.

I'll see it around...occasionally.  It's one of those beers that catches your eye because it is a rare find. The larger liquor stores here in NJ may have it - Total Wine is probably one example where I'll see it.

MGD (Miller Genuine Draft) is another rarity since it's almost always Miller Lite, with an occasional Miller High Life being found.

MGD is fairly common in Wisconsin - I've had it on tap in a few bars in Milwaukee, and it's not rare to see at a bar. It's pretty ubiquitous at grocery stores/gas stations, though there aren't as many package options as Miller Lite or High Life (both incredibly common all over the state).

triplemultiplex

Whenever I buy beer, I'm always looking past the domestic lagers and pilsners.  The beer-flavored water section usually doesn't have anything for me.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Max Rockatansky

Maybe?  The question more in my mind is, why would I want to?

JayhawkCO

Quote from: tman on April 02, 2024, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on April 01, 2024, 10:05:17 PM(Michelob) no e at the end.

MGD is fairly common in Wisconsin - I've had it on tap in a few bars in Milwaukee, and it's not rare to see at a bar. It's pretty ubiquitous at grocery stores/gas stations, though there aren't as many package options as Miller Lite or High Life (both incredibly common all over the state).

I remember the first time I ever went to Europe back in 2003. There were a couple of American beers in some of the "clubbier" bars that I went to and they had a beer just branded as Miller, which I assume was MGD just with a different label. I don't believe there has ever been a beer branded as just "Miller" in the U.S.

NWI_Irish96

Michelob was my dad's favorite beer. Haven't seen it anywhere in a long time, though admittedly I've never been specifically looking for it.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

I just read on Wikipedia that Michelob Light's sales dropped by 70% between 2007-2012.

I have to go to the liquor store later, so I'll see if they have either Michelob Lager or Light there.

Big John

Quote from: JayhawkCO on April 04, 2024, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: tman on April 02, 2024, 12:44:52 PM

I remember the first time I ever went to Europe back in 2003. There were a couple of American beers in some of the "clubbier" bars that I went to and they had a beer just branded as Miller, which I assume was MGD just with a different label. I don't believe there has ever been a beer branded as just "Miller" in the U.S.
There was in the 1990s, but it was a bust and was quickly discontinued.

gonealookin

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 04, 2024, 12:18:36 PMMaybe?  The question more in my mind is, why would I want to?

When I was in high school, just before the craft beer movement started, Michelob and Miller's equivalent Lowenbrau were considered the premium beers.  Man, when somebody brought Lowenbrau to a party we thought we were really living it up!

It has been a long time since I have seen either of those on shelves.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: gonealookin on April 04, 2024, 05:05:28 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 04, 2024, 12:18:36 PMMaybe?  The question more in my mind is, why would I want to?

When I was in high school, just before the craft beer movement started, Michelob and Miller's equivalent Lowenbrau were considered the premium beers.  Man, when somebody brought Lowenbrau to a party we thought we were really living it up!

It has been a long time since I have seen either of those on shelves.

It feels quaint to recall a time when my immediate Midwest family thought Coors was an exotic/premium beer.  Basic beers for me nowadays usually come from a Mexican label given that's what my wife's family drinks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.