News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Freeways without route numbers

Started by Katavia, December 17, 2015, 02:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

Quote from: noelbotevera on January 18, 2016, 06:36:06 PM
Quote from: empirestate on January 18, 2016, 06:22:37 PM

Quote from: bing101 on January 18, 2016, 01:00:17 PM
Dallas North Tollway have no numbers, FDR Drive in NYC and Storrow Drive in Boston have no numbers designated by their respective states.

The FDR certainly does, but you'll have to look it up on my website 'cos I don't remember it offhand. :-)

iPhone
Pretty much a reference route...unless we count those, then yes, it is otherwise unnumbered.

We are counting them because it is an official route number. This has already been established.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Kacie Jane

Established by who?  I just see multiple posts on both sides of the "argument".  The OP didn't specify, and people have been disregarding hidden numbers since page 1.

empirestate

Quote from: noelbotevera on January 18, 2016, 06:36:06 PM
Quote from: empirestate on January 18, 2016, 06:22:37 PM

Quote from: bing101 on January 18, 2016, 01:00:17 PM
Dallas North Tollway have no numbers, FDR Drive in NYC and Storrow Drive in Boston have no numbers designated by their respective states.

The FDR certainly does, but you'll have to look it up on my website 'cos I don't remember it offhand. :-)

iPhone
Pretty much a reference route...unless we count those, then yes, it is otherwise unnumbered.

Not just pretty much; it's a reference route altogether!

cl94

Quote from: Kacie Jane on January 18, 2016, 11:14:54 PM
Established by who?  I just see multiple posts on both sides of the "argument".  The OP didn't specify, and people have been disregarding hidden numbers since page 1.

The topic says "route numbers". Technically, reference routes are "route numbers", therefore they count. An unsigned route number is still a route number.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

jakeroot

Quote from: cl94 on January 19, 2016, 11:29:33 AM
Quote from: Kacie Jane on January 18, 2016, 11:14:54 PM

The topic says "route numbers". Technically, reference routes are "route numbers", therefore they count. An unsigned route number is still a route number.

Comes down to a matter of opinion. If you drive along the whole length of a freeway, with only a name to reference to the road, it's basically unsigned; it has no obvious route number.  This "list" should consist of freeways that either have no route number, or are unsigned.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.