News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Unnumbered Roads that warrant State Route status

Started by webny99, February 14, 2018, 08:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on February 15, 2018, 01:58:23 AM
Restore river road as OR 219 from its current route.

Delta Highway in Eugene.
AFAIK, ODOT's eyeing Delta Highway. I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to drop OR 99 between I-105 and OR 569 on to Eugene and/or Lane County.
Quote from: JasonOfORoads on February 28, 2018, 05:46:56 PM
The Portland Metro area has a few that need to become state highways:

• Cornelius Pass Road from US-26 to US-30 at the very least. Personally with the southward extension that Washington County is building, I'd be inclined to transfer the whole damn road to the state, assuming it will end at OR-10/Farmington Road.
  • Tualatin-Sherwood Road from I-5 to OR-99W in Sherwood, as well as Roy Rogers Road beyond there to OR-210/Scholls Ferry Road, as a single highway. I don't think it should be extended further northward along SW 175th, however. A very short part of this route in Tualatin used to be OR-212 until around the late 1970s, though it was never under state jurisdiction.
  • Columbia Blvd. from the St. Johns area to I-205 as a realignment of part of US-30 Bypass/Northeast Portland Highway #123. Historically US-30 Bypass and the highway did use part of this alignment back in the 1930s, but was realigned to Lombard/Killingsworth by WWII. The only problem is that it would be a PITA to wind that alignment around to the St. Johns Bridge. Another alternative would be to just drop US-30 Bypass from the state highway system altogether and place a new highway that runs from the shipping terminals near Kelley Point Park to I-205.
  • Once opened, the SW 124th Avenue/Basalt Creek Parkway/Grahams Ferry Road/Day Road corridor. Take OR-141/Beaverton-Tualatin Highway #141 off of most of Boones Ferry Road and Hall Boulevard and sign the entire corridor from OR-99W to I-5 as a new OR-141/Tualatin-Wilsonville Highway #141.
  • Stafford Road/Wilsonville Road from Lake Oswego to Newberg. Most of this was actually slated to be a state highway, or at least a state route, back in the 1930s. Call it the Newberg-Oswego Highway or whatever.

I'd add:
Swap US 26/ORH 26 from Powell between I-205 and Burnside onto Division St.
Add Kane/257th Ave between I-84 and Burnside.
Add Airport Way between PDX and I-205.

I'd accept Clackamas County, Happy Valley, and Portland taking 82nd Ave from ODOT... if I were confident in PBOT's ability to maintain it, and looking at Division St, I'm not.

roadfro

Quote from: paulthemapguy on April 12, 2018, 10:55:13 PM
Quote from: bing101 on April 12, 2018, 12:17:29 PM
CC-215 Las Vegas should be renamed NV-215.

Omg yes.  The fact that 215 is just a county road boggles the mind.

First of all, it's not an unnumbered road, so it doesn't really qualify a mention in this thread. Second, the plan all along has been to renumber the entire Las Vegas Beltway as I-215 upon full build-out to Interstate standards.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

cl94

Quote from: roadfro on April 15, 2018, 09:20:55 PM

First of all, it's not an unnumbered road, so it doesn't really qualify a mention in this thread. Second, the plan all along has been to renumber the entire Las Vegas Beltway as I-215 upon full build-out to Interstate standards.

OP explicitly allowed county routes.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

roadfro

Quote from: cl94 on April 15, 2018, 09:42:04 PM
Quote from: roadfro on April 15, 2018, 09:20:55 PM

OP explicitly allowed county routes.

I stand corrected - misled by the thread title.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Bitmapped

Lebanon, Ohio has a partial bypass intended for SR 48 on the east side of town. SR 48 follows the part of the bypass south of SR 123, but heads into downtown Lebanon there to reconnect with its old route. The part of the bypass between SR 123 and US 42, designated SR 48T, is signed as "To US 42".

ODOT never finished the bypass, but Warren County did by building 2-lane Miller Road on the north side of town to connect the end of the bypass to SR 48. ODOT should take over Miller Road and re-route SR 48 onto it and SR 48T, providing SR 48 with a complete signed bypass of Lebanon. No new construction would be necessary, just some signage changes.

Bitmapped

In the Cincinnati area, Hamilton County built the Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway across the northern side of the county. Most of it is a freeway. ODOT eventually took most of it over and moved SR 126 onto it, but the westernmost 3 miles between I-275 and US 27 continues to be owned by Hamilton County. ODOT should take over this portion as well and sign it as SR 126. I'd truncate SR 126 at I-275. The independent section of SR 126 near the Indiana state line can be given its own number.

TEG24601

The gap in WA 99 in front of Sea-Tac Airport, should be re-added to the system.

OR-99W should be resigned through North Portland.

HWY 99 in Vancouver, WA should be a state route, or some sort.

Every single route that has been removed from the cities of Indiana should be re-signed.
They said take a left at the fork in the road.  I didn't think they literally meant a fork, until plain as day, there was a fork sticking out of the road at a junction.

sbeaver44

I'd really like if PA gave Susquehanna Trail from US 11/15 at Wormleysburg to York or MD a number again, perhaps PA 111?  Something to follow I-83 by.  Perhaps south of York it could either retain PA 111 or another route number all the way to the border at MD 45.  If signing alongside I-83 Bus in York is too much to ask, have it be hidden like PA 272 is underneath US 222 in Lancaster.

Only issue is what to do about PA 295.  At a minimum, PA 295's southern end at PA 921 seems random.  If we can't get PA 111, at least extend PA 295 down to US 30.

Nexus 6P

sbeaver44

Or. delete PA 295 entirely once PA 111 is signed.

1) Eliminates future duplication with I-295 when PA Tpk/95 is completed.
2) All of PA 295 north of where it turns off Old Trail after crossing the Conewago is more of a local road IMO.

Nexus 6P

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.