AASHTO meeting May 18, 2012

Started by NE2, May 08, 2012, 01:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

http://www.transportation.org/sites/route/docs/Agenda%20USRN%20SM2012%20May%2018.pdf

Alabama: Future I-222 (Establish) USRN Application Future 222 9-27-2011.pdf
Alabama: Future I-422 (Establish) USRN Application Future I - 422 9-27-11.pdf
Colorado: US 160 (elimination) US160Application.pdf [actually US 160 Biz]
Colorado: US 350 (relocation) US350Application.pdf
Illinois: US 45 Bypass (eliminate)
*Signature Letter - Bypass US 45 - Norris City.pdf
*Bypass US 45 - Norris City.pdf
*Bypass US 45 - Norris City app.pdf
Indiana: U.S. 24 (relocation) AASHTOUSRN_US24_APR2012.pdf
Michigan: USBRS 35 (establish)
*USBR 35 Application - COMPLETE.pdf
*Final support letter - INDOT.pdf
Minnesota: US 63 (relocation) MN US 63 Turnback AASHTO US 63 COMPLETE.pdf
Minnesota: USBRS 45 (establish) USBRSApplication-2012 April--MnDOT version.pdf
Missouri: US 63 (relocation)
*AASHT App - Relocation of U.S. 63 - Randolph & Boo.pdf
*AASHTO Spring 2012 - MO Submittal Ltr with signatu.pdf
*AASHTO_Map.zip
Nevada: US 395 (relocate) AASHTO-App_Relocation US395.pdf
Nevada: US 395A (establish) US395A-AASHTO APPLICATION.pdf
New York: US 219 (relocation) US Route 219 Application.pdf
North Carolina: USBRS 1 (realignment #1) USBRS Electronic Application Form-WakeCo.pdf
North Carolina: USBRS 1 (realignment #2) USBRS Electronic Application Form_Scotland.pdf
Oklahoma: US 287 (relocate) Oklahoma US 287 complete.pdf
Texas: I-69 (extension)
*IH 69_2012_AASHTO_Application.pdf
*RE_ I-69 Designations.pdf
*Various_IH69_AASHTOapps_MO_Final.pdf
*IH69_MOpage.pdf
Texas: US 377 (establish) US 377_2012_AASHTO_Application.pdf
Texas: US 377 Business (recognition) BU377_2012_AASHTO_Application.pdf
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

vdeane

I'm surprised NY didn't apply for I-86 between NY 17K to I-84.  They have all those covered-up shields.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Scott5114

Oklahoma DOT's US 287 request included this as the explanation for the request (spelling as in original):
Quote from: ODOTThe new highway consturction bypass Boise City to elimitante the truck trarffic through downtown Boise City.

AASHTO should deny the request just on principle.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rover_0

I find it interesting that Alabama's applying for a short I-222, while I-422 is going to be the much longer Northern Birmingham Beltway. 

Any chance that AASHTO suggests that I-222 be numbered for the beltway, or would they just go ahead and stamp approval on the Interstate numbers as-is?

(Of course, I-222 has the "to 22" play on it, as well.)
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

adt1982

Regarding By-pass US 45 in IL, it's about time they ask to get rid of it, since the signs have been gone for 15 years.

Alps

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 10, 2012, 03:48:38 AM
Oklahoma DOT's US 287 request included this as the explanation for the request (spelling as in original):
Quote from: ODOTThe new highway consturction bypass Boise City to elimitante the truck trarffic through downtown Boise City.

"Elimitante the truck trarffic" sounds like a bad Ukrainian attempt to bypass spam filters.

WillWeaverRVA

Apparently "consturction" was involved. I don't know what that is, but it sounds painful. :P
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Scott5114

Quote from: Steve on May 11, 2012, 07:59:00 PM

"Elimitante the truck trarffic" sounds like a bad Ukrainian attempt to bypass spam filters.

Or a reason we'd get from a prospective member for joining the forum. :P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bob7374

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 12, 2012, 12:46:52 PM
Quote from: Steve on May 11, 2012, 07:59:00 PM

Or a reason we'd get from a prospective member for joining the forum. :P
I think AASHTO would have greater leverage in rejecting applications like that from ODOT if they made a better effort at proofreading their own publications and webpages. You would then not see the host city for next week's meeting (Traverse City, MI) listed as 'Travere City' on the USRN front page, or as 'Traversity City' on the Download page. What next 'Travesty City'?

Bickendan

froggie

AASHTO has a news release this morning announcing that the US Bike Route requests (USBR 35 in Michigan, USBR 45 in Minnesota, and changes to USBR 1 in North Carolina) were approved at the meeting Friday.  No word yet on the highway-related requests.

Here's MnDOT's press release on the approval of USBR 45.

froggie

The results are out.  All applications where approved, with the three Interstate applications receiving conditional approval pending final approval by FHWA (who has final approval authority for all Interstate route numbering changes).

Of major note:  the committee discussed an Interstate route number in Wisconsin (presumably for the US 41 corridor), and coordination with Illinois to get it designated...namely, they were discussing I-55.  Here's the specific entry from the meeting minutes:

"The USRN discussed the Interstate 55 through Wisconsin that connects with I-55 in Illinois. It was decided that the committee Secretary, M. Vitale, will coordinate with Wisconsin in sending a letter to Illinois and copying FHWA on the need for I-55 and to support the value of I-55. It is Wisconsin's intent to get this process completed by the AASHTO Annual Meeting 2012 in Pittsburgh, PA."

So, to me, this suggests that I-55 will be the route number for the US 41 corridor between Milwaukee and Green Bay.

NE2

Still going on about that replacement for the 23-year-old route log, I see.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

57 has been the favorite for most in Illinois for the extension. Chicago is in need of renumbering
55 has a saitfying end at Lake Shore Drive . 57 does not(88 really doesnt ending in a 3di that leads to downtown Chicago )
57 also is more logical directionally if it runs up the Kennedy and Edens. I just cant see using the Stevensons number to double back on the Kennedy /Edens.

bob7374

Quote from: NE2 on May 22, 2012, 08:48:02 PM
Still going on about that replacement for the 23-year-old route log, I see.
Yes, they asked each state to submit updates for their log a couple years ago. Some states have (MA changed its ending for US 3) and others haven't started. NC revised some of their route logs but many now have typos and there's even an entry for route change that was rejected by the USRN (US 64E and 64W in Brevard). No wonder they're a little impatient.

NE2

Quote from: bob7374 on May 22, 2012, 10:20:08 PM
there's even an entry for route change that was rejected by the USRN (US 64E and 64W in Brevard)
To be fair, this was NCDOT being dumb about a one-way pair.

agentsteel53

Quote from: NE2 on May 23, 2012, 12:57:25 AM
To be fair, this was NCDOT being dumb about a one-way pair.

you mean they kinda boneheadedly tried signing "64 eastbound" and "64 westbound" as suffixed routes?  oopsie.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

NE2

No, they tried submitting them as such, because apparently that's how they inventory them. Not that a minor rerouting needs to be submitted to AASHTO in the first place.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.