News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

London Skyscraper melting motor vehicles!

Started by cpzilliacus, September 03, 2013, 04:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

CityA.M.: Walkie Scorchie melted my Jag

QuoteTHE WALKIE Talkie skyscraper in the City has caused extensive damage to a Jaguar parked on a nearby street — as other drivers come forward to say it has also melted parts of their vehicles.

QuoteAs revealed in City A.M. last week, the building's unusual shape is reflecting an ultra bright light onto Eastcheap, with those unlucky enough to park below finding the beam is causing serious damage.

QuoteMartin Lindsay, director of a tiling company, said he was distraught to see the warped panels along the side of his high-spec Jaguar XJ.

QuoteHe said: "They're going to have to think of something. I'm gutted. How can they let this continue?"
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

andy

Didn't Las Vegas have a similar problem?

Sounds like the architects need some instructions on the effects of designing huge, reflective, convex surfaces.

english si

Quotethose unlucky enough to park below
Say what?

To get a space, in the City of London, is a sign of luck (there's probably 500 in the City and you have to be rich to pay the congestion charge and the meter fees) - to get one outside where you need to be, for your high-spec Jag, is very lucky - after all, to take your Jag into Central London is silly on a level that you don't get rich from without a lot of luck.

I know it is City AM, but at least go with the van (which would have a transporting-stuff purpose), or something else a bit more sympathetic.

The pedestrians shielding their eyes also would make a story that doesn't make you go "aww, too bad" in a sarcy tone.

getemngo

~ Sam from Michigan

NJRoadfan

Alps

Henry

Quote from: getemngo on September 03, 2013, 09:08:32 PM
Quote from: andy on September 03, 2013, 05:09:59 PM

Perhaps. Los Angeles did, in the form of Walt Disney Concert Hall.
I remember hearing about this a while back. Of course, it wasn't until well after I had moved to Seattle.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

ET21

Quote from: Henry on September 06, 2013, 12:04:08 PM
Quote from: getemngo on September 03, 2013, 09:08:32 PM
Quote from: andy on September 03, 2013, 05:09:59 PM

Perhaps. Los Angeles did, in the form of Walt Disney Concert Hall.
I remember hearing about this a while back. Of course, it wasn't until well after I had moved to Seattle.

Yeah I heard about LA. My dad worked on the waterproofing for that building and he even noted the extreme shine coming off of that building
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.