News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AASHTO Announces Winners in Photography Competition

Started by Grzrd, October 08, 2013, 10:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

The theme was Faces of Transportation. The Grand Prize was awarded to:

The Grand Prize was awarded to California Department of Transportation Engineer Martin Chandrawinata for his photograph of an iron worker using a cutting torch while suspended from the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Grzrd

Quote from: NE2 on October 08, 2013, 10:58:21 PM
Damn liars. There's no face in that photo.

Maybe AASHTO is asking for an abstract interpretation of the sparks from the viewer, sort of like Forbidden Planet:

agentsteel53

that's not a bad photo but I feel like if you walked two feet to the left, you'd get a better composition.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Molandfreak

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 09, 2013, 12:58:55 PM
that's not a bad photo but I feel like if you walked two feet to the left, you'd get a better composition.
In the context of that photo, I don't believe that was possible.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Alps

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 09, 2013, 12:58:55 PM
I feel like if the iron worker suddenly jumped two feet to the left, spraying sparks all the way, that would definitely improve the photo value.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.