What do you consider as an industrial wasteland?

Started by WISFreeways, October 14, 2009, 05:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simguy228

Lovable. Truthful. Great, SC4
[acronym=Simple Machines Forum]SMF[/acronym]

agentsteel53

Quote from: yanksfan6129 on November 24, 2009, 05:24:40 PM
You may say depressing, but at least it's a sign of progress. That said, I agree with you that starbucks isn't what NY is about it...NYC is a fabulous city, no doubt.

no, there are about 47321890 better, or at least more interesting, coffee places in NYC.  luckily even the Harlem batch from which I extracted that Starbucks photo has a lot of small-business storefronts; good to know the rebuilding is not brought to you solely by faceless chains. 

Brooklyn still has a very "1980s New York" feel to it - in everything ranging from its businesses to its graffiti to its non-gentrified population distributions... but without the rampant violent crime.  I've felt perfectly safe walking around and taking the subway in Brooklyn around 2-6am.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

BigMattFromTexas

juscuz410

Steubenville,OH/Weirton,WV. Although the 4th St. historic district in Steubenville is very nice and shows a glimmer of what that city could be if it got its act together.

un1

The. Whole. World.

Jokes aside, I saw some images of Detroit and it doesn't look to good. I cant say Thunder Bay is anything better but we aren't a ghost town ... yet. If I think further, I can think of more but I don't have time though I'd imagine every city has its wasteland spots.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.