News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Road You've Crossed the Most Times Without Actually Going On It?

Started by CoreySamson, June 15, 2023, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on March 15, 2024, 03:30:52 PM

Quote from: kphoger on June 16, 2023, 09:29:22 AM
Most times, or most locations?

My assumption based on the OP was most different locations.

My assumption based on the title was most times.  "Road You've Crossed the Most Times Without Actually Going On It?"
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

jlam

Most Times: Hands down CO 60's western segment. I've crossed it countless times on I-25. I've never needed to go to Campion.

Most Locations: Not sure. Maybe CO 224 in Denver with six

jeffandnicole

For me, it would be several county roads that cross NJ's I-295, especially between Exits 40 & 56. I've been on many of them at least once, but for the half-dozen or so I haven't, it would be about 230 working days a year, times 25.5 years I've been at this job, times twice a day.

So, approximately 11,730 times I've crossed these roads without actually being on them.

NWI_Irish96

If I'm understanding the OP correctly, he's looking for a road you've crossed in the most different places and not necessarily the greatest number of times.

I've crossed US 281 in five different places but never driven on it.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

boilerup25

Most times: I-290 in Illinois
Most locations: Still questionable.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on June 15, 2023, 03:32:53 PM
For me it has to be Spanish A-3. I've crossed it in 6 places including by rail :sombrero:, but never been on it.

This is no longer the case, as I was on A-3 for the first time ever a few days ago. Now I struggle to find a route I've crossed at more than two points but never been on... Somehow I think it will be some obscure departmental road at the foot of the Pyrenees (it's obvious which side).

Edit: Nope, it's a tie between two routes in Navarre (NA-234 and NA-534), I traveled past both ends of each and crossed them in the middle for a total of 3 intersections each.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.