News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Toll 375

Started by mwb1848, December 05, 2013, 11:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwb1848

With Texas' westernmost tolled facility set to open in the coming weeks, contractors have been busy installing "Toll 375" signage along Loop 375 in El Paso. The newly constructed toll lane runs along the inside of the highway from US 54 to Zaragoza Road.

The signage is similar to that which was originally installed along the Katy Tollway portion of IH-10 in Houston. However, since this project was developed by the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority, rather than bearing the traditional Texas flag in the lower left corner, the shields bear the logo of the CRRMA -- much like the shields along Toll 183A and Toll 290 in Austin bear the logo of the Central Texas RMA.

As with other toll roads recently constructed in Texas, there are no toll booths. Motorists can use TxTags or Pay By Mail. Rates will vary based on the time of day and traffic conditions. Drivers will only be allowed to enter and/or exit the toll lane at designated locations.

mwb1848

Contractors are putting the finishing touches on the signage for the toll lanes along Loop 375. On this day, the variable rate signage was under test (don't worry, it looks a LOT better in person), new overheads have gone up on WB Loop 375 to the US 54 interchange (this signage is a bit akward as US 54 and US 62 don't share an inch of pavement), and ground mounted signs have gone up (while the overhead Paisano signage contains an odd array of shields, the ground-mounted signs contain none).

Henry

Those are some nice pics! Would you happen to know if the highway is open now?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

codyg1985

US 54 and 62 are nowhere near each other so that is a very confusing signing situation. What was in place along this stretch before? Are there any direct connectors planned between US 54/Patriot Frwy and Loop 375?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Blape

Lots of negative contrast clearview. Yuck.

iPhone

Bobby5280

Looking at TX-375 in Google Earth, I noticed they're upgrading the portion West of the Franklin Mountains into Exit 6 of I-10 into a superhighway. I wonder if that means anything for the Woodrow Bean Transmountain Road. Right now the Transmountain Road is a 4-lane divided highway with some at-grade U turns and at least 5 scenic overlooks. I assume TX-DOT will probably just leave that road as is.

mwb1848

This area is the intersection of several major highways. From Loop 375 WB you access US 62 and US 54 via the same ramp. US 62 peels off of that ramp to Paisano Drive only a few feet after departing Loop 375; the main lanes of the ramp take you to US 54... with access to I-10 WB.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-106.444548!3d31.761757!2m2!1f317.02!2f93.25!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1s9ClKaa465N-RQtNsrnjXmA!2e0!9m1!6s%C2%A9+2013+Google!5m2!1s9ClKaa465N-RQtNsrnjXmA!2e0&fid=5

Interestingly, there is presently no direct way to get from I-10 WB to Loop 375 WB or from I-10 EB to Loop 375 EB via the US 54/I-110 interchange. However, this week, El Paso County included direct connectors which would allow that connectivity -- along with more direct connectors at the eastside Loop 375/I-10 interchange -- in its comprehensive mobility plan for funding.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_24738131/el-paso-county-approves-400-million-worth-road

Also, the portion of Loop 375 from I-10 to the entrance of Franklin Mountains State Park on the west side of the mountain is being upgraded to a full freeway.

NE2

Quote from: codyg1985 on December 19, 2013, 07:40:42 AM
US 54 and 62 are nowhere near each other so that is a very confusing signing situation.
Say what? US 54 begins at Loop 375 and immediately intersects US 62.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

codyg1985

Quote from: NE2 on December 19, 2013, 02:48:42 PM
Quote from: codyg1985 on December 19, 2013, 07:40:42 AM
US 54 and 62 are nowhere near each other so that is a very confusing signing situation.
Say what? US 54 begins at Loop 375 and immediately intersects US 62.

I was looking on the wrong side of Loop 375 on the east side of the Transmountain Parkway.  :pan: I should have known the sign wasn't THAT wrong.
Cody Goodman

codyg1985

Quote from: mwb1848 on December 19, 2013, 02:10:26 PM
Also, the portion of Loop 375 from I-10 to the entrance of Franklin Mountains State Park on the west side of the mountain is being upgraded to a full freeway.

Are all the direct connectors going to be built at once? It looks like in street view that the WB I-10 to EB 375 and WB 375 to EB I-10 connectors are currently being built.
Cody Goodman

mwb1848

Freeway-to-freeway direct connectors are presently under construction or slated for construction at several locations in El Paso. Here's a rundown:

At I-10 and Loop 375 (Transmountain Road) in Northwest El Paso: As far as I know, plans only call for construction of two direct connectors at this location. One will connect WB I-10 to EB Loop 375, the other will connect WB Loop 375 to EB I-10. They are presently under construction.

At I-10/US 54/I-110/Loop 375 interchange (The Spaghetti Bowl) in Central El Paso: As part of the recently approved (and mentioned above) comprehensive mobility plan, the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority (CRRMA) will issue debt to finance the construction of two additional direct connectors at this location, connecting EB I-10 to EB Loop 375 and WB Loop 375 to WB I-10.

At I-10/Loop 375 (Americas Interchange) in Far East El Paso: Three direct connectors were completed last year. Three more are under construction. The final two would be financed as part of the CRRMA's comp plan. This will facilitate a ridiculous array of movements at this intersection. The eight-ramp interchange is being built above an existing full cloverleaf which facilitates access between grade separated frontage roads.

At Loop 375 and Spur 601 in Far East El Paso: A direct connector would be financed by the CRRMA connecting NB Loop 375 to WB Spur 601. Schematics indicate a total of three direct connectors are envisioned at this intersection. This is the same intersection which will be served by the areas first DDI. End result, three direct connectors over a DDI.

Other direct connectors are in the works for the coming US 62/180 freeway at Loop 375 and Global Reach Drive in East El Paso. Direct connectors are also in the CRRMA plan linking Loop 375 to Downtown El Paso as part of the westward expansion of the roadway from Central El Paso to West El Paso.

Here's a link to the CRRMA plan: http://epcounty.com/documents/El_Paso_County_Comprehensive_Mobility_Plan_Presentation.pdf

Henry

Quote from: mwb1848 on December 19, 2013, 10:06:56 PM
Freeway-to-freeway direct connectors are presently under construction or slated for construction at several locations in El Paso. Here's a rundown:

At I-10 and Loop 375 (Transmountain Road) in Northwest El Paso: As far as I know, plans only call for construction of two direct connectors at this location. One will connect WB I-10 to EB Loop 375, the other will connect WB Loop 375 to EB I-10. They are presently under construction.

At I-10/US 54/I-110/Loop 375 interchange (The Spaghetti Bowl) in Central El Paso: As part of the recently approved (and mentioned above) comprehensive mobility plan, the Camino Real Regional Mobility Authority (CRRMA) will issue debt to finance the construction of two additional direct connectors at this location, connecting EB I-10 to EB Loop 375 and WB Loop 375 to WB I-10.

At I-10/Loop 375 (Americas Interchange) in Far East El Paso: Three direct connectors were completed last year. Three more are under construction. The final two would be financed as part of the CRRMA's comp plan. This will facilitate a ridiculous array of movements at this intersection. The eight-ramp interchange is being built above an existing full cloverleaf which facilitates access between grade separated frontage roads.

At Loop 375 and Spur 601 in Far East El Paso: A direct connector would be financed by the CRRMA connecting NB Loop 375 to WB Spur 601. Schematics indicate a total of three direct connectors are envisioned at this intersection. This is the same intersection which will be served by the areas first DDI. End result, three direct connectors over a DDI.

Other direct connectors are in the works for the coming US 62/180 freeway at Loop 375 and Global Reach Drive in East El Paso. Direct connectors are also in the CRRMA plan linking Loop 375 to Downtown El Paso as part of the westward expansion of the roadway from Central El Paso to West El Paso.

Here's a link to the CRRMA plan: http://epcounty.com/documents/El_Paso_County_Comprehensive_Mobility_Plan_Presentation.pdf
Looks like they're really serious about making this a full freeway ASAP!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.