News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Highway Talk / Re: Google Maps just fucking S...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 09:59:47 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on Today at 07:57:28 PMThe new theme is disgusting. Whatever happened to "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enshittification
Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 09:50:35 PM
More photos from WBound TOLL FL 690 to US 19 from I-275.

Pacific Southwest / Re: California
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 09:50:07 PM
I've been driving past that project for several months.  I thought it was a shoulder widening and barrier reinforcement the first couple times I looked at it.
Weather / Re: What's your weather curren...
Last post by Hunty2022 - Today at 09:44:30 PM
69 and cloudy.
Pacific Southwest / Re: California
Last post by TheStranger - Today at 09:39:18 PM
Drove up 101 from LA to the Bay yesterday.  Lots of construction in Prunedale - I know some grade seperations are new to the last decade or so, will there be more coming in the near future too?
The way I do it is to give my photos titles that describe the scene of the photo, then I sort alphabetically.  So if I have a bunch of photos on state highways in Illinois, for example, I make the first element of the title the route where I took the photo, then the second element will be a crossroad.  Then I click "sort alphabetically" and everything appears in numerical order.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 09:34:09 PM
Quote from: vdeane on Today at 09:26:46 PMWhat is the point in removing 695 from the National Network (is this the NHS or something else?  It seems unclear) for a temporary closure?

It's something else, per the FHWA.
Last post by vdeane - Today at 09:26:46 PM
What is the point in removing 695 from the National Network (is this the NHS or something else?  It seems unclear) for a temporary closure?

Quote from: FHWAThe portion of I-695 that includes the Francis Scott Key Bridge is a part of the National Highway System
(NHS) and was officially incorporated into the Interstate System effective April 29, 2024
Interesting.
Northwest / Re: Washington
Last post by Bruce - Today at 09:24:54 PM
A new interchange on I-405 has opened at NE 132nd Street in Kirkland. A half-diamond with two roundabouts to serve Totem Lake and EvergreenHealth.

Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 09:23:52 PM
Quote from: davewiecking on Today at 09:16:38 PM
Quote from: MASTERNC on Today at 08:15:37 PMThe Federal Register is proposing the removal of the bridge from the National Network until it is rebuilt and the designation of the alternative route around the city

https://www.federalregister.gov/public-inspection/2024-10025/emergency-temporary-closure-segment-of-interstate-695-including-the-francis-scott-key-bridge-in
There will be a public comment period once the document is officially published.

Everyone one this forum will be required to submit a comment "it's not I-695!"

Interestingly, it addresses that in a footnote.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.