News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

"Gaming" threads

Started by froggie, May 23, 2009, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Given the popularity of the "gaming" threads on the old forum, I'd suggest including a category/sub-category for such...or just annotate that they could go under General Highway Talk or Off-Topic.

Alps

Not every thread popular on the old forum really has a place in a roads newsgroup.  Games like "guess the highway", for example, would certainly be appropriate here, and I would suggest General Highway Talk.  But a lot of the games were completely off-topic, not even road-related like the Off-Topic section (i.e. license plates).

Scott5114

In other words, the omission was intentional :P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SSOWorld

AlpsROADS summed it up best.  We have the "Guess the infrastucture, etc" thread that we intended to combine all the separate threads into one - we felt that it got carried away, but no fun would be Bush league. 

Highway/Bridge/Tunnel related game - stick it in General Highway Talk
otherwise put it in Off-Topic.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Chris

I don't participate in those game threads, but I think they should be in the off-topic forum.  :spin: That way Highway Talk can be about threads like "what's your gas mileage", or "how many interstates have you clinched", or "which roads need an overhaul" etc.

mightyace

Quote from: Chris on May 24, 2009, 10:06:50 AM
I don't participate in those game threads, but I think they should be in the off-topic forum.  :spin: That way Highway Talk can be about threads like "what's your gas mileage", or "how many interstates have you clinched", or "which roads need an overhaul" etc.

I tend to agree with Chris.  The "games" should probably be in one forum so that they are easy to find and off-topic seems to make the most sense.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.