News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Hello world! I'm new here.

Started by cu2010, July 06, 2009, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cu2010

Hello world!

I'm cu2010, I'm 21 and currently hail from western New York, though I currently attend school, and will be a senior, in the far northern part of the state...so far north, it's practically in Canada!  I have been a fan of transportation networks my entire life, having been fascinated by roads, signs, and various other elements since I was just a small child.

Aside from roads, I am also a fan of game shows (which is my other big obsession, also having been obsessed with them since I was a child), and I am also a sports nut, especially enjoying college hockey, but I enjoy other sports as well. 

But that's enough about me for one post...I hope to have a good time here, and engage in excellent discussion with fellow road enthusiasts worldwide...and possibly learn a thing or five in the process. :D 
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

SSOWorld

welcome aboard sir </train moment :P >
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Dougtone

Quote from: cu2010 on July 06, 2009, 08:44:16 PM
Hello world!

I'm cu2010, I'm 21 and currently hail from western New York, though I currently attend school, and will be a senior, in the far northern part of the state...so far north, it's practically in Canada!  I have been a fan of transportation networks my entire life, having been fascinated by roads, signs, and various other elements since I was just a small child.

Aside from roads, I am also a fan of game shows (which is my other big obsession, also having been obsessed with them since I was a child), and I am also a sports nut, especially enjoying college hockey, but I enjoy other sports as well. 

But that's enough about me for one post...I hope to have a good time here, and engage in excellent discussion with fellow road enthusiasts worldwide...and possibly learn a thing or five in the process. :D 

What college hockey team are you following?  By the looks of your username, I am guessing Clarkson.  Just a quiet drive up US 11.

cu2010

Quote from: dougtone on July 06, 2009, 09:54:53 PM
What college hockey team are you following?  By the looks of your username, I am guessing Clarkson.  Just a quiet drive up US 11.

You are exactly right...I'm going to be a senior at Clarkson next year, and I've been following the Golden Knights since I was a kid, and will continue to do so once I graduate. LET'S GO TECH!

...yep, it's just a nice, quiet, long drive up US11. :D

And thanks for the warm welcome. I have a good feeling I'll be quite happy here.
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Greybear

BigMattFromTexas

Dougtone

Quote from: cu2010 on July 06, 2009, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: dougtone on July 06, 2009, 09:54:53 PM

You are exactly right...I'm going to be a senior at Clarkson next year, and I've been following the Golden Knights since I was a kid, and will continue to do so once I graduate. LET'S GO TECH!

...yep, it's just a nice, quiet, long drive up US11. :D

And thanks for the warm welcome. I have a good feeling I'll be quite happy here.

You'd be surprised how many people in the roads hobby are also into game shows, ice hockey and the weather.  As for college hockey, I follow my alma mater's team, the Oswego State Great Lakers.  When I was an Oswego student, the head coach for the Great Lakers was George Roll, who now coaches at Clarkson.

Back to roads, it is nice to see someone who can give the North Country some justice.  Northern New York has some interesting roads, but since it's out of the way, it's hard for most people to get up there.

Hellfighter

akotchi

Another Clarkson connection!  I work with a colleague who graduated from Clarkson (some time ago).  At least I can claim to know where it is . . .

Welcome.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

njroadhorse

Hello from your NJ neighbor to the south.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Ian

Welcome! Nice to see another New Yorker even though I'm a Pennsylvanian. I go to NY a lot since my aunt lives outside of Albany and she also has a house on beautiful Lake George in the Adirondacks. Nice place, I even have an NY 9N shield from the area  :sombrero:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Iansignal/RoadSignCollection#5319845152662445954

Anyway, welcome aboard!
Ian
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.