News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hello From WNY!

Started by burgess87, July 23, 2009, 09:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burgess87

Hi, folks!  I've been lurking for a while, and finally started to "come outta my shell", if you will.

I'm Ryan.  I live in Western New York, near Lake Ontario between Buffalo & Rochester.  I was born in Houston, so I have a fascination with Texas roads (and everything that goes with 'em).

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

US71

Welcome to the Forum.  :D
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cu2010

Another person from my neck of the woods, western New York. Welcome.

(...okay, so I'm actually from the northwestern Finger Lakes, but close enough! :D )
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Chris

I wonder how long it takes before we have more members from New York than there are New York State Route shields  :clap:

njroadhorse

Hello from New Jersey! 
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Ian

Welcome to the forum!

Ian from Philly.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Greybear

Hellfighter

Hello from Michigan!

mightyace

Howdy from Tennessee from a former Pennsylvanian!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

BigMattFromTexas

Howdy im a fellow Texan :cool:. Have you ever heard of San Angelo, Tx?

burgess87

Quote from: BigMatt on July 25, 2009, 12:19:09 AM
Howdy im a fellow Texan :cool:. Have you ever heard of San Angelo, Tx?

I have.  I was born in Houston, and lived outside of Austin for a couple of years as well.

timhomer2009

Quote from: burgess87 on July 23, 2009, 09:21:57 PM
Hi, folks!  I've been lurking for a while, and finally started to "come outta my shell", if you will.

I'm Ryan.  I live in Western New York, near Lake Ontario between Buffalo & Rochester.  I was born in Houston, so I have a fascination with Texas roads (and everything that goes with 'em).

Welcome from a native Houstonian!

BigMattFromTexas

Quote from: timhomer2009 on July 25, 2009, 04:55:07 PM
Quote from: burgess87 on July 23, 2009, 09:21:57 PM

Welcome from a native Houstonian!
I've been to San Marcos, Tx before

Dougtone

Greetings, and welcome.  I used to live in the Buffalo area, so I am familiar with that stretch of land along Lake Ontario between Buffalo and Rochester.

burgess87

Quote from: dougtone on July 28, 2009, 06:46:17 AM
Greetings, and welcome.  I used to live in the Buffalo area, so I am familiar with that stretch of land along Lake Ontario between Buffalo and Rochester.

How did you like living in Buffalo?  The city isn't as bad as it's made out to be.  Sure, it's still being run by morons - but the people are the best.

Dougtone

Quote from: burgess87 on July 30, 2009, 04:16:48 PM
Quote from: dougtone on July 28, 2009, 06:46:17 AM

How did you like living in Buffalo?  The city isn't as bad as it's made out to be.  Sure, it's still being run by morons - but the people are the best.

Living in Buffalo, there is a lot to do, especially with different festivals, recreational activities, and even some of the roads are interesting.  The people who are running Buffalo and Erie County don't know what they're doing, I would agree.  I didn't stay in Buffalo for long, and I moved to Albany, NY after a year.

burgess87

Oh, how I wish the Lake Ontario State Parkway had been completed all the way to the Robert Moses . . .

Woulda made Lyndonville - Buffalo & Niagara Falls / Rochester travel a heckuva lot easier.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.