News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Greetings from Wisconsin

Started by WISFreeways, September 19, 2009, 10:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WISFreeways

Hi, my name is Chris;I'm from Wisconsin. I've been lurking around for a while, but I decided to sign up today.  :nod: :nod: :nod: 
2009-era me chose this generic username...

mightyace

Welcome from a current Tennessean with relatives in WI.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Scott5114

Welcome! Where in Wisconsin are you from? We have members in Waukesha and Platteville here (and maybe others). It's a shame it's so far away (I'm in Oklahoma) because I really do enjoy visiting it. Last time I got to clinch I-43!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SSOWorld

Oh there are others.

Welcome aboard. :D
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Hellfighter

WISFreeways

I-94 through Milwaukee is really epic 'cuz theres the power towers, miller park, marquette interchange, and that below-grade section somewhere between miller park way and marquette.

mgk920

Quote from: Chris petite on September 20, 2009, 09:51:03 PM
I-94 through Milwaukee is really epic 'cuz theres the power towers, miller park, marquette interchange, and that below-grade section somewhere between miller park way and marquette.
Welcome abroad from Appleton!

BTW, are you aware of WHY that section of I-94 is narrow and depressed like it is there, as well as why those power towers use that somewhat unique design (hint, it is the same reason)?

Mike

WISFreeways

Yea I know. Industrial wastelands.   :-(

mgk920

Quote from: Chris petite on September 21, 2009, 03:18:10 PM
Yea I know. Industrial wastelands.   :-(
Nope, I-94 and those power towers mark the route of an electric interurban railroad (nowadays called 'light rail') line that was abandoned about 50 years ago.  The part of I-94 in that narrow cut by 27th St was built on that abandoned ROW.

Mike

WISFreeways

oh i see :banghead: :banghead:
that could be used for trivia questions on saturday night

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.