News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Hello from Maryland

Started by MDRoads, December 27, 2009, 08:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDRoads

Hello from Maryland and MDRoads.com; I should have been here a long time ago.

With several projects around here in progress or completed, I've been getting back into roadgeeking over the past year or so, and some much-needed site updates, which I'll mention later.  My personal interest is the historical angle, the decommissioned state routes over the years.  Thus I tend to be a marker/sign geek, though lately I've tried to add new construction photos.  Happened to stumble upon the Shield Gallery, and have some pics you may find interesting.

algorerhythms

Hello. The site updates will be very interesting to see. I've looked at your website quite a bit in the past and it's pretty useful. But mainly, I just wanted to point out that I really like your profile picture.

mightyace

Welcome.

I lived in Balmer (Baltimore) for two years in grad school so MD's happening interest me.  Thanks for the link to your site.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Alex

Welcome to the forum Mike!

QuoteWith several projects around here in progress or completed, I've been getting back into roadgeeking over the past year or so, and some much-needed site updates, which I'll mention later.  My personal interest is the historical angle, the decommissioned state routes over the years.

I too have an interest in the decommissioned routes there as well, such as Maryland 269, the former western stretch of Maryland 273, etc. Your site has been an awesome resource for me in researching for AARoads and for my own personal interest over the years.

wytout

Welcome!  As far as I'm concerned we could never have too many sign geeks! :)
-Chris

njroadhorse

Welcome from not too far away New Jersey!
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

ctsignguy

More sign geeks are always welcome!

Welcome aboard!
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Ian

Welcome from a sign/roadgeek from Philadelphia! Not too far from you.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

mefailenglish

Greetings from another Marylander.  :biggrin:

MDRoads

Thanks for the warm welcomes all. Before I place myself too strongly into the marker/sign geek camp, I'm into old roadmaps especially and abandoned alignments as well. Lots of those around if you know where to look.

MDRoads

Quote from: algorerhythms on December 27, 2009, 08:55:59 PM
But mainly, I just wanted to point out that I really like your profile picture.

I once did a whole set of these MD markers with different color combos. Also FHWA fonts vs. Clearview. Have to find it and put 'em up here.

F350

Hello from a fellow Bawler, hon!

Would love to explore the abandoned sections! Looking forward to explore your website.

Hellfighter

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.