News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

NorthShore newbie in the house

Started by brownpelican, May 06, 2010, 02:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownpelican

Greetings from Louisiana's NorthShore.

Yes, I am a fellow road geek like many of yall and love getting out there on the road and enjoying the view. Meanwhile, my girlfriend would rather fly.  :rolleyes: :crazy:

I'm sure most of yall don't know me, but a very few of yall probably know me from another geeky site: TWCClassics (now merged with another site) as brotherb95 aka Pop Light Brown.

I live in Franklinton, La. (about 45 miles SE of McComb, Miss. and about 65 miles north of New Orleans), yet spent a good chuck of my childhood on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Looks like I'll enjoy this forum very much.

Now let me take my butt to bed...see yall around.

[Removed unnecessary markup. -S.]

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Franklinton you say?  Been out to Birdies Roadhouse out in Varnado?
(Where's my manners, welcome aboard :sombrero:)
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: brownpelican on May 06, 2010, 02:16:52 AM

Yes, I am a fellow road geek like many of yall and love getting out there on the road and enjoying the view. Meanwhile, my girlfriend would rather fly.  :rolleyes: :crazy:

I'm sure most of yall don't know me, but a very few of yall probably know me from another geeky site: TWCClassics (now merged with another site) as brotherb95 aka Pop Light Brown.

I live in Franklinton, La. (about 45 miles SE of McComb, Miss. and about 65 miles north of New Orleans), yet spent a good chuck of my childhood on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

I really like TWCClassics. I never got involved in the message board there, but I love watching the old clips and listening to the old local forecast music. Every once in awhile, I will hear an instrumental piece somewhere and I will think-"That was once used as local forecast music on the Weather Channel" and then I'll search the old clips to see if I can find it.

Alex

Quote from: huskeroadgeek on May 07, 2010, 08:46:47 PM
Quote from: brownpelican on May 06, 2010, 02:16:52 AM

Yes, I am a fellow road geek like many of yall and love getting out there on the road and enjoying the view. Meanwhile, my girlfriend would rather fly.  :rolleyes: :crazy:

I really like TWCClassics. I never got involved in the message board there, but I love watching the old clips and listening to the old local forecast music. Every once in awhile, I will hear an instrumental piece somewhere and I will think-"That was once used as local forecast music on the Weather Channel" and then I'll search the old clips to see if I can find it.

Welcome to the board brotherb95/brownpelican! I do recognize you from twcclassics and the SERoads Yahoo! Group.

I have been friends with the webmaster of twcclassics.com for 14 years now, and he has helped me out a number of times with things on AARoads. I was sad to see his message board merge with TWCToday, but do understand why it was done.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.