News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Representing Brew City

Started by triplemultiplex, May 25, 2010, 03:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triplemultiplex

Hello fellow road enthusiasts.

I'm a professional cartographer & a lifetime road geek living in the heart of Milwaukee.

Real name's Jacob (if anyone cares); posted sparingly on MTR over the last couple years.
And yes my username is a reference to the I-39/90/94 concurrency.

Road geek related philosophies:
Almost militant adherence to the interstate 'grid' has been worn down over the years by the likes of I-99, I-73, I-69 & another I-86.
Generally like the idea of any worthwhile freeway getting that red, white & blue shield.
I'm pretty dismissive of US highways when they are 'in conflict' with interstates.
Pro-metric system.
I'll probably use the word "sprawl."
Not every highway project is a good one, but others should've been built 20 freakin' years ago.
Despite the handle, I'm not a big fan of long multiplexes most of the time.  (And boy does my state have a lot of them.)

That's all for now.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Alex

Welcome to the board. You will find that many of your views are shared by others. I too use the word sprawl, and I use it a lot...

agentsteel53

you're the first person that's ever objected to I-86!  Which one, the Idaho or the NY?  They seem to both fit in the grid all right, and the western I-86 was definitely an improvement over the old number of 15E.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

triplemultiplex

The NY I-86; only because it's newer.  Duplicated mainline interstates are are something I used to vehemently object to, but now I'm willing to grit my teeth and accept. 
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.