News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I hate this song!

Started by allniter89, October 05, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texaskdog

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 12, 2021, 11:45:48 PM
I'll give my least favorite song by my favorite band. The Beatles and the song is Wild Honey Pie. All it is is about a minute of Paul singing wild honey pie over and over. The song makes no sense.

Love the Beatles, hate Love Me Do & Lucy in the Sky & Oh Darling.  Long Long Long may be their worst and everyone loves it.

hbelkins

OK, I'm just going to come out and say it. I'm not a Beatles fan. At all. In any shape or form. Some of McCartney's solo stuff is listenable. Lennon? Yuck. "Imagine" is about the most depressing song I've ever heard, musically and lyrically. As far as I'm concerned, the Beatles are far overrated. The Stones were better, and I've soured on them some as the years have progressed.

The only reason I went to see the "Sgt. Pepper" movie when it came out was for Aerosmith playing "Come Together."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Rothman

Quote from: hbelkins on June 17, 2021, 11:11:29 AM
OK, I'm just going to come out and say it. I'm not a Beatles fan. At all. In any shape or form. Some of McCartney's solo stuff is listenable. Lennon? Yuck. "Imagine" is about the most depressing song I've ever heard, musically and lyrically. As far as I'm concerned, the Beatles are far overrated. The Stones were better, and I've soured on them some as the years have progressed.

The only reason I went to see the "Sgt. Pepper" movie when it came out was for Aerosmith playing "Come Together."
I'd expect no less. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

wanderer2575

I like exactly one Beatles song -- "Here Comes the Sun."  That's it.

kevinb1994

Quote from: wanderer2575 on June 17, 2021, 11:55:29 AM

The best song George Harrison had with the band. Hands down.

thenetwork

It seems like corporate radio has really relegated Elton John to the easy listening genre --  seems like any Elton John songs I hear on the radio anymore is either Your Song, Candle In The Wind, or Private Dancer.  A lot of his harder rocking songs from his crazy glasses era are now being skipped over in favor of his mellowest songs, which are waaay overplayed as it is.

kevinb1994

Quote from: thenetwork on June 17, 2021, 06:50:40 PM
It seems like corporate radio has really relegated Elton John to the easy listening genre --  seems like any Elton John songs I hear on the radio anymore is either Your Song, Candle In The Wind, or Private Dancer.  A lot of his harder rocking songs from his crazy glasses era are now being skipped over in favor of his mellowest songs, which are waaay overplayed as it is.
That's unfortunate.

sparker

Quote from: kevinb1994 on June 17, 2021, 12:03:53 PM

I'll demur here -- the best Harrison song was "Something".  That key-change bridge in the middle is mesmerizing (and with his best guitar solo ever as a Beatle!).  Even Elton John has said that it's a song he wishes he'd written (Sinatra loved it too -- and he generally didn't think much of the Beatles in general)!

kevinb1994

Quote from: sparker on June 17, 2021, 08:49:21 PM

I'll demur here -- the best Harrison song was "Something".  That key-change bridge in the middle is mesmerizing (and with his best guitar solo ever as a Beatle!).  Even Elton John has said that it's a song he wishes he'd written (Sinatra loved it too -- and he generally didn't think much of the Beatles in general)!
I'll go with the James Taylor song of similar name.

TheHighwayMan3561

White My Guitar, Taxman, Something, Do You Want to Know a Secret, If I Needed Someone, The Inner Light, Love You To, Within You Without You, Long Long Long are all Harrison songs I like better.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

kevinb1994

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 17, 2021, 11:03:09 PM

White My Guitar, Taxman, Something, Do You Want to Know a Secret, If I Needed Someone, The Inner Light, Love You To, Within You Without You, Long Long Long are all Harrison songs I like better.
Eh, the only one I like out of those is the one with Eric Clapton guesting.

Flint1979

Here Comes The Sun was not George Harrison's best Beatles song. That honor would go to Something. Also Taxman, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I Me Mine, Old Brown Shoe and Within You Without You were good to great songs.

Flint1979

Quote from: texaskdog on June 17, 2021, 10:24:36 AM
I'll give my least favorite song by my favorite band. The Beatles and the song is Wild Honey Pie. All it is is about a minute of Paul singing wild honey pie over and over. The song makes no sense.

Love the Beatles, hate Love Me Do & Lucy in the Sky & Oh Darling.  Long Long Long may be their worst and everyone loves it.

Yeah some of those songs aren't great. I'm not a big fan of the song I me mine but I like George's voice so it's a good song to me.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 18, 2021, 09:09:48 AM
Here Comes The Sun was not George Harrison's best Beatles song. That honor would go to Something. Also Taxman, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I Me Mine, Old Brown Shoe and Within You Without You were good to great songs.
I beg to differ. Sometimes the best songs are those not released as singles. As for the rest, I'll go by what I previously said.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 18, 2021, 09:14:27 AM

Yeah some of those songs aren't great. I'm not a big fan of the song I me mine but I like George's voice so it's a good song to me.
I me mine is ok. You do bring up a good point, George did really great on the vocals.

Flint1979

Quote from: kevinb1994 on June 18, 2021, 11:37:54 AM

I me mine is ok. You do bring up a good point, George did really great on the vocals.
Probably because George was a great songwriter. I'm a pretty big George Harrison fan.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 18, 2021, 12:47:51 PM

Probably because George was a great songwriter. I'm a pretty big George Harrison fan.
He's my mother's favorite. My dad I have no idea who his favorite is. I do know that he likes their later stuff as compared to their earlier stuff.

renegade

The Beatles still suck.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Flint1979

Quote from: kevinb1994 on June 18, 2021, 01:03:41 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on June 18, 2021, 12:47:51 PM

He's my mother's favorite. My dad I have no idea who his favorite is. I do know that he likes their later stuff as compared to their earlier stuff.
I'm pretty sure that my mom's favorite is Paul. My dad I'm not even sure he's not really into The Beatles or music like that really. I like Paul too by the way happy 79th birthday to him today.

kevinb1994

Quote from: renegade on June 18, 2021, 02:07:00 PM
The Beatles still suck.
That's, like, your opinion, man...

OCGuy81

Jump by Van Halen.

I appreciate 80s cheese as much as the next person, but this over-synthesized piece of the 80s I can't stand! The second I hear the opening I tune out ASAP

kevinb1994

Quote from: OCGuy81 on June 18, 2021, 03:22:16 PM
Jump by Van Halen.

I appreciate 80s cheese as much as the next person, but this over-synthesized piece of the 80s I can't stand! The second I hear the opening I tune out ASAP
I actually like to jump when the chorus hits. Especially in the bowling alley.

roadman65

The album version of Pink Floyd's Another Brick Part Two.  It has no intro like the single so radio stations play the scream from Happiest Days of Our Lives due to the quick segues between the two. Then they always end the song with the sigh that starts Mother. Instead of stopping it at the last ring tone, they due a one second tease making you think that Mother will be played also.

WPLJ in NY back when they were Rock, had the best mix of all three parts and new how to blend them together for a great song.  Of course they sacrificed the ending of Part Two and cross faded Part 3 pronto so you didn't get the sound effects and the men yelling, but a great version.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kevinb1994

Quote from: roadman65 on June 19, 2021, 10:56:35 PM
The album version of Pink Floyd's Another Brick Part Two.  It has no intro like the single so radio stations play the scream from Happiest Days of Our Lives due to the quick segues between the two. Then they always end the song with the sigh that starts Mother. Instead of stopping it at the last ring tone, they due a one second tease making you think that Mother will be played also.

WPLJ in NY back when they were Rock, had the best mix of all three parts and new how to blend them together for a great song.  Of course they sacrificed the ending of Part Two and cross faded Part 3 pronto so you didn't get the sound effects and the men yelling, but a great version.
No doubt about it, they still don't know how to play it like WPLJ.

zachary_amaryllis

bands that call themselves 'rock', that have a dj. i'm looking at you, linkin park.

and bands that can't spell. again, linkin park, not to mention ko(backwards r)n, limp bizkit.. etc.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.