News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2021 meets

Started by A.J. Bertin, October 01, 2020, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Glancing at your post, I read "QC" as "Quebec".  Davenport didn't make much sense in that respect.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Maybe Brandon will hold a luncheon in Davenport, New York?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

pianocello

Quote from: Brandon on January 19, 2021, 08:04:49 PM
Quote from: dvferyance on January 19, 2021, 08:03:32 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 04, 2020, 09:18:03 AM
Quote from: Brandon on October 04, 2020, 02:11:18 AM
Sometime during the summer, the Quad Cities with the new I-74 bridges as the main course.

Sweet... I'll be very interested in this one.  I'll add this to the list now.
If there is a QC road meet you can count me in. I would like to go back there sometime.

I'm in the midst of planning the route with lunch being a BYOL affair at Credit Island Park in Davenport.

Let me know if you need any help route planning. I won't be able to attend, but I grew up in Davenport so I'm very familiar with the area.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

Nikolai

To finish off the year, I'm planning to host a road meet in northwest Chicagoland (Elgin/Schaumburg area) around November.

Brandon

Quote from: Nikolai on January 26, 2021, 11:37:48 AM
To finish off the year, I'm planning to host a road meet in northwest Chicagoland (Elgin/Schaumburg area) around November.

Cool, I'm in.  Let me know if you need any help with the routings or recon as I'm up in Schaumburg often.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

cl94

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on January 20, 2021, 01:42:09 PM

Well, Doug has talked about hosting a meet in the next town over from Davenport, so...
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Dougtone

Quote from: cl94 on January 26, 2021, 02:00:20 PM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on January 20, 2021, 01:42:09 PM

Well, Doug has talked about hosting a meet in the next town over from Davenport, so...

Although it's more likely that I'm kicking that Oneonta road meet idea over to 2022 at this point. We'll see what this year brings before jumping to any conclusions, though.

A.J. Bertin

Cool!  I am potentially interested in attending this one.  I've added it to the list of 2021 meets at the top of this thread.
-A.J. from Michigan

US71

Definitely interested.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Great Lakes Roads

Add me to the list! I am definitely interested.

jpi

I will keep that in mind too if I can make it work with my toy show schedule
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Laura

Husband and I are seriously looking to do a Cumberland/Western MD road meet this summer. My first choice date is June 26th (the weekend between my birthday and my daughter's birthday) but I'm open to moving it to another date depending on the status of the pandemic and attendee availability.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Laura on February 16, 2021, 05:36:22 AM
Husband and I are seriously looking to do a Cumberland/Western MD road meet this summer. My first choice date is June 26th (the weekend between my birthday and my daughter's birthday) but I'm open to moving it to another date depending on the status of the pandemic and attendee availability.
I'm definitely interested in this one. You do bring up good points, though.

74/171FAN

I am actually considering driving to Cumberland this upcoming weekend.  Of course, this is weather dependent.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

A.J. Bertin

I would REALLY like to attend a meet in that part of Maryland, but the meet calendar is starting to fill up for this year and I've already got other meets that I've been eyeing for this year.  At this point, I'm pretty sure I won't be available on June 26, but another meet that I am eagerly awaiting to know the date for would be the Quad Cities meet (IA/IL) that Brandon Gorte will be hosting sometime this summer.  I know he often hosts meets in May or June, so I'd like to see when he's planning on hosting that.

Having said all of that, if this meet happens in 2021 and there's a way for me to get there given other travels I plan to do this year, I'd love to attend.  I was particularly intrigued by that part of Maryland while I was watching this past Saturday's Roadwaywiz webinar that featured the virtual I-68 tour.
-A.J. from Michigan

hbelkins

There's an abandoned bridge that crosses the Potomac just off US 220 between Cumberland and Keyser. I've wondered about it since I first noticed it. I got some photos the last time I passed by it in the daytime.

https://goo.gl/maps/rCr6UNufP7yGYGJH8

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Mapmikey

Quote from: hbelkins on February 16, 2021, 07:57:16 PM

There's an abandoned bridge that crosses the Potomac just off US 220 between Cumberland and Keyser. I've wondered about it since I first noticed it. I got some photos the last time I passed by it in the daytime.

Former railroad bridge...looks like it was abandoned for the access road it is now sometime after 1971.

Laura

Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 16, 2021, 10:50:58 AM
I am actually considering driving to Cumberland this upcoming weekend.  Of course, this is weather dependent.

We are, too! We will have to distantly meet up if we all make it out there this weekend! Let's keep in touch via phone/text.

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on February 16, 2021, 07:48:40 PM
I would REALLY like to attend a meet in that part of Maryland, but the meet calendar is starting to fill up for this year and I've already got other meets that I've been eyeing for this year.  At this point, I'm pretty sure I won't be available on June 26, but another meet that I am eagerly awaiting to know the date for would be the Quad Cities meet (IA/IL) that Brandon Gorte will be hosting sometime this summer.  I know he often hosts meets in May or June, so I'd like to see when he's planning on hosting that.

Having said all of that, if this meet happens in 2021 and there's a way for me to get there given other travels I plan to do this year, I'd love to attend.  I was particularly intrigued by that part of Maryland while I was watching this past Saturday's Roadwaywiz webinar that featured the virtual I-68 tour.

It would be awesome to see you! Yes, being on the panel for the virtual tour is what gave me the idea for the meet.

Quote from: Mapmikey on February 16, 2021, 08:41:02 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 16, 2021, 07:57:16 PM

Former railroad bridge...looks like it was abandoned for the access road it is now sometime after 1971.

Thanks for alerting me to this bridge! Pretty cool. I'll have to find out more about it and add it to the tour.

74/171FAN

I plan to start a thread about a meet covering the East End Connector in Durham, NC, this summer within the next couple days.  It is currently scheduled to open in June.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 03, 2021, 07:40:49 PM
I plan to start a thread about a meet covering the East End Connector in Durham, NC, this summer within the next couple days.  It is currently scheduled to open in June.

Cool!  I'll add it to the list of meets at the top of this thread.
-A.J. from Michigan

roadwaywiz95

Officially announced the 2021 Delaware Road Meet (hosted by yours truly) earlier today, link to this event can be found here:

Clinched Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/roadwaywiz.gif
Clinched Interstates & Other Highways: https://travelmapping.net/shields/clinched.php?units=miles&u=roadwaywiz

@roadwaywiz on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Spreadshirt, and Discord

Also at http://www.gribblenation.org/

Laura

Going to push my meet back to October to give people more time to get vaccinated and to also be able to see the fall colors in the mountains.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Laura on April 02, 2021, 09:32:37 PM
Going to push my meet back to October to give people more time to get vaccinated and to also be able to see the fall colors in the mountains.

I'll add it to the list at the top of this thread.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

The list at the top of this thread has been updated to reflect the latest updates to the road-meet schedule for 2021.  If anyone has any updates to share regarding any meets they are planning to host, or thinking of hosting, please chime in with whatever updates you have.  Thanks!
-A.J. from Michigan

Alps

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on May 07, 2021, 06:27:15 AM
The list at the top of this thread has been updated to reflect the latest updates to the road-meet schedule for 2021.  If anyone has any updates to share regarding any meets they are planning to host, or thinking of hosting, please chime in with whatever updates you have.  Thanks!
Please don't delete my meet. It started as an April Fools joke but I am making sure it's actually held. That is the true fooling.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.