News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What section of Interstate in your state have you been on the least?

Started by Roadgeekteen, May 14, 2021, 01:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8daynegb

Quote from: mgk920 on May 17, 2021, 03:24:38 PM
I've done all of the I-routes here in Wisconsin, but the one that I have done the least is I-535.  Second least is likely I-94 between WI 21 and US 10 and/or I-90/94 between the Tomah interchange and the I-39 Cascade interchange.

Mike

90/94 between Mauston and Tomah after never driving 535 would be next on the list. Followed by I-43 when it leaves Milwaukee by itself to head towards Beloit.  Living by Adams at that time quicker to take 21 back to 13.....and regardless of heading towards Lacrosse or Eau Claire that stretch of 90/94 from Tomah towards Mauston only took if wanting to drive a different path. Have made drives to Janesville, Beloit and points on south making I-43(always WI-15 to me) drives more required.
So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Scott5114

Probably the section of I-244 on the north and west sides of downtown Tulsa. I don't go to Tulsa very often, and when I do, I don't go downtown, and when I do, I usually opt for I-444 because it's a secret interstate, which is cool.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SEWIGuy

In Wisconsin, I have only been on I-535 a handful of times.

For 2dis, it would clearly be I-94 between Eau Claire and the MN border.

Bitmapped

In West Virginia, I-77 between Charleston and Ripley is the lowest for me followed by I-64 between Sandstone and Sam Black Church and the West Virginia Turnpike between Chelyan and North Beckley. I've driven all of these segments more than once, but living in Morgantown, there are shorter paths to get where I want to go than via these segments.

JayhawkCO

I think I've only been on I-70 between Grand Junction and the Utah line 4 times, which would be by far my least traveled stretch.

Chris

Avalanchez71

I-26 between Erwin and the state line.
I-55
I-240
I-269  (I haven't officially been on I-269.  It was just SR 385 at the time.)

paulthemapguy

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Flint1979

ftballfan

The Interstates I'm missing in Michigan:
I-75 between M-55 (west) and US-127, as well as between BL I-75 (Grayling south end) and M-32
I-69 east of I-475
I-94 east of M-59

Of the ones I've been on, I've only been on I-75 between Bay City and M-55 once.

ran4sh

Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Tie, I-74 west of I-275 & I-480 between OH 91 & Oh Tpk. Both I have yet drive on in 46+ years.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

sparker

That would have to be I-805 from CA 15 south to its terminus just north of US Customs along I-5.  Most of my time in SD has been in the northern part of town; rarely got down near the border. 

wriddle082

Definitely I-95 between I-26 and I-20.  This is also undoubtedly the least crowded stretch of 95 between the Northeast and Florida.  All I really miss seeing along this stretch is the bridge over Lake Marion and a bunch of trees.

StogieGuy7

Until recently, I lived in NE IL and my answers would be I-64 once it gets beyond Metro East (East SL area), and I-57 south of Dillingham.  Haven't driven either one.  But, now I live in WI but I've already clinched the entire interstate system here (even 535), But I'd have to say that the small segment of I-90 between Beloit and Janesville is one I've driven the least, and I haven't driven it since 2009. 

And that's ironic, yet pretty typical.  If you look at a map centered on your home and imagine it's a hub with roads branching out in each direction, the hardest ones for you to clinch would normally be an interstate that's just beyond your area and which runs perpendicular to that grid that I described earlier.  In my case, the stretch I've least used is only 65 or 70 miles from me (compared with I-535 which is over 400) and is perpendicular to that imaginary grid. From my current location (or even my prior one in IL), to get to Madison would either be via US-12 to I-39/90, take an alternate version of this route which includes a piece of I-43 to WIS 11 to I-90 in Janesville or I-94 to I-894 to I-94 again.  Never a reason to take I-90 in that stretch. 

I'll bet a lot of you have a similar story in your own states. 

kphoger

Over the course of my life...  I'm not sure I can narrow down the #1 spot.

However, somewhere right at the top of the list is probably the section of Interstate that's closest to home, less than 1½ straight-line miles from my house:  I-35 between exits #45 and #50.  I can only recall having been on that stretch of the Turnpike one single time.  I never have any need to be on it.  The only time I remember driving it was when I was out of town with friends, and we were following them somewhere else before heading home.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2021, 02:46:28 PM

However, somewhere right at the top of the list is probably the section of Interstate that's closest to home, less than 1½ straight-line miles from my house:  I-35 between exits #45 and #50.  I can only recall having been on that stretch of the Turnpike one single time.  I never have any need to be on it.  The only time I remember driving it was when I was out of town with friends, and we were following them somewhere else before heading home.
That's ironic. Also for me, I've only been on the stretch of 95/128 closest to my house a couple of times.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

achilles765

Quote from: bassoon1986 on May 15, 2021, 05:57:58 PM
My sections of undriven interstate in Louisiana:
I-59
Southern half of I-510

Past that I think I've only driven these once:
-I-10 from New Orleans East to 12/59
-I-10 between roughly Scott and Iowa

And these twice (there and backs)
-I-55 from Ponchatoula south to I-10
-I-510 from I-10 to first exit

iPhone

Where do you live if I may ask?  You are describing the general area where I grew up... Family is all from New Orleans; I grew up in Kentwood, went to high school in McComb, and went to college at LSU.  My parents still live between Kentwood and McComb.
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

Flint1979

What's funny is in regards to my post on Post number 58 in this thread I was on I-75 between St Ignace and Sault Ste Marie yesterday. And rode over the same stretch of I-75 three times as I circled St Ignace.

For that stretch of I-75 being one of the lowest traffic counts on the interstate highway system it seemed pretty busy.

webny99

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on May 20, 2021, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2021, 02:46:28 PM

That's ironic. Also for me, I've only been on the stretch of 95/128 closest to my house a couple of times.

Same for me and the section of the Thruway closest to my house, as I've mentioned several times. There are 3di's that are closer, but that's the closest 2di.

bassoon1986

Quote from: achilles765 on May 20, 2021, 04:58:24 PM
Quote from: bassoon1986 on May 15, 2021, 05:57:58 PM
My sections of undriven interstate in Louisiana:
I-59
Southern half of I-510

Past that I think I've only driven these once:
-I-10 from New Orleans East to 12/59
-I-10 between roughly Scott and Iowa

And these twice (there and backs)
-I-55 from Ponchatoula south to I-10
-I-510 from I-10 to first exit

iPhone

Where do you live if I may ask?  You are describing the general area where I grew up... Family is all from New Orleans; I grew up in Kentwood, went to high school in McComb, and went to college at LSU.  My parents still live between Kentwood and McComb.
Currently near Alexandria. I grew up in Shreveport so New Orleans was the far corner of LA away from me. I went to college in Monroe. I've been on I-510 but only to get to Michoud Blvd to look at a friend's house months after Hurricane Katrina. I go to Gulf Shores and the Florida panhandle almost once a year so I'm always right there at the 10/12/59 intersection but never a reason to turn north, so I'm missing I-59.

iPhone

ozarkman417

-I-70 between US 63 and US 54.
-I-55 between I-44 and I-255.

mapman1071

Arizona
I-40
Exit 9 AZ95 to Exit 48 Beale Street US 93, Exit 165 AZ64 to Exit 195 I-17/AZ89a
Zero

I-8
Exit 115 AZ85 to Exit 178 I-10
Zero

I-15
Zero

stevashe

The only Interstate I have yet to drive in Washington is I-182. Second place is I-82 "East" of Yakima, which I drove for the first time last year.

texaskdog

I-2: haven't been on at all
I-10: Been on Balmorhea to 290 near Junction, Kerrville to San Antonio, 71 to Louisiana, not the rest
I-14: Haven't been on at all
I-20: Been on Odessa to Louisiana except maybe some parts in DFW
I-30: Been on all
I-35: Been on all except San Antonio to Laredo
I-35W & I-35E: been on all
I-37:  Been on all except part in San Antonio
I-45: Been on Houston-Galveston, not the rest
I-69: Been on none

I'm from Minnesota I've actually been on every interstate there!  Have to say the least would be I-90 between Worthington and I-35, maybe only once.

sbeaver44

PA.  Now I have been on all of the interstates in Pa.  But, least used is probably:

I-79 north of Pittsburgh
I-676 connector to I-95
I-86 or I-90
I-380
I-579
I-76 west of Pittsburgh
I-376 (former PA 60 section)
I-80 between I-81 and US 209

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.