Gauging Interest For a "Drive I-49 North" Meet

Started by Grzrd, February 26, 2013, 10:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

I am currently looking at Saturday, April 27 (and if that craters, early June) as a date to drive unopened Segments of I-49 North.  I am coordinating with LaDOTD for official permission for the drive, and they have asked me for a rough headcount.

Please either respond to this thread or PM me if you have a serious interest in the drive.  I suspect LaDOTD wants to have an idea about how many vehicles would be involved. I would be able to drive 5 people other than myself.

LaDOTD has not yet committed to how many Segments on which we would be allowed to drive.

LaDOTD has informed that there would not be a "cap" on the number of attendees, but keep in mind that legal waivers will be involved.  I will try to figure out "drop dead time" to provide a waiver to LaDOTD.

I am currently thinking food and lodging would be in Texarkana.

Thanks.

bugo

I might be up for it, considering what is going on that day for me.

hbelkins

Call me maybe. (I know I just met you, and this is crazy; but here's my number...)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on February 26, 2013, 10:51:02 AM
I am currently looking at Saturday, April 27 (and if that craters, early June) as a date to drive unopened Segments of I-49 North.  I am coordinating with LaDOTD

Coordinating with a construction project can be tricky ...

Currently looking at June now:

The contractors responsible for the striping and signing (the current job) estimate they should be complete around June.  We approached the contractor about your group touring in April, but due to liability reasons a tour is not permissible while they are under contract.  However, I can keep track of their progress to see if there is a date we can find that would work for everyone.

I will continue to monitor the possibility.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.