Neighborhood Bridges over Neighborhood Roads

Started by Georgia Guardrail, June 22, 2023, 09:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgia Guardrail

It seems pretty rare that a neighborhood would have bridges going over other neighborhood roads within the subdivision.  However, I found one such example in north Georgia near Lake Lanier. 

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.2814916,-83.8881773,3a,75y,4.57h,88.14t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sgdXJ9VpYVq1beTqGlgMoGA!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DgdXJ9VpYVq1beTqGlgMoGA%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D121.55153%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

I'm not talking about neighborhood roads going over or under main roads/freeways but rather drivable neighborhood roads going over/under other neighborhood roads within the subdivision.  This is rare but super interesting to me!

You guys got any other good examples?

1995hoo

That street looks like it doesn't connect to any of the streets in the subdivision on either side of it. It looks like that community has two entrances, one further down Browns Bridge Road and the other from Montgomery Drive, and it appears to be a gated community.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

dlsterner

Here's one from my (long ago) college town of Gainesville FL, where NW 13th St crosses over NW 8th Ave.

https://goo.gl/maps/MYGvkXKXAyfH7CgS7

Although you can't really tell from GSV, this is in the middle of a mostly residential area.  And while NW 13th St is a major N/S road, virtually every other crossing in the grid is at grade, controlled by traffic lights or stop signs.

It's also somewhat surprising considering how flat Florida is (even flatter than Illinois) that there would be enough of a difference to use a bridge here.

CtrlAltDel

This is not in the US, but in Paris:

One city street with residences and businesses passing over another city street with residences and businesses. I have no idea why it is the way it is, but it dates to 1868. The bridge featured in the vampire scene of the movie Paris, je t'aime, which is how I know of it.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

lepidopteran

In Columbus, OH, near OSU, there's "Iuka Ravine", where said road snakes its way under not one, but two roads.  I think it was built that way due to a creek running through the neighborhood.  Granted, one of the roads it goes under, Summit St., is sort of a "main" road (it is the southbound routing of US-23 after all), but its character is really more residential.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.