News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Mexican Truck Stops

Started by US 41, July 07, 2021, 01:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

I am a truck driver, so I had nothing better to do than find every truck stop in Mexico that has showers (regaderas in Spanish) on my phone and made a small guide so I know where they are at. In order to make my book they had to have at least 3 reviews for showers in the Google Maps comments, to confirm that they really do have working showers. So here's what I discovered:

75% of all of Mexico's truck stops are in border states or states that border border states (excluding Veracruz) in the northern part of the country. I am led to believe that this is because a ton of freight produced in Central Mexico is being hauled to the US, but I could be wrong.

A lot of Mexico's truck stops are actually 24/7 restaurants with huge gravel lots and showers for the drivers to use.

Most places only charge 40 Pesos to use the shower, which is about the equivalent to $2 US Dollars. The cheapest I have ever paid in America is $5, and $10 is average.

Highways 57, 45 (in Chihuahua), 15 (Sonora and Sinaloa), and 2 (west) by far have most of the truck stops.

I actually slept in my car at the truck stop / toll road oasis in Cuencame, Durango on the toll road (40D) in 2017, so I am looking forward to visiting and camping out at some of these others when I go back down to Mexico this winter. The Cuencame plaza actually has showers and I didn't know it at the time or I would have checked them out.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

nexus73

Wall Of Voodoo's "Mexican Radio" plays in the background....LOL!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: US 41 on July 07, 2021, 01:47:07 PM
I am a truck driver, so I had nothing better to do than find every truck stop in Mexico that has showers (regaderas in Spanish) on my phone and made a small guide so I know where they are at. In order to make my book they had to have at least 3 reviews for showers in the Google Maps comments, to confirm that they really do have working showers. So here's what I discovered:

In Mexican Spanish. Here in Spain, showers are called duchas. A regadera is a watering can instead.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

US 41

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on July 08, 2021, 07:54:32 AM
Quote from: US 41 on July 07, 2021, 01:47:07 PM

In Mexican Spanish. Here in Spain, showers are called duchas. A regadera is a watering can instead.

As a matter of fact on Google Maps when I was looking at translated reviews, and it breaks the reviews down by category, there would be a bunch of reviews for "watering cans". I always wondered why that was until I discovered that people were actually talking about showers, and that Mexicans just use a different word for it than everyone else. My first thought was "why are there so many reviews for watering cans at this truck stop" and then when I clicked on the category I quickly realized that I had discovered what I was looking for.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.