News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Best waterparks you have visited?

Started by KCRoadFan, August 31, 2021, 07:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

As you can doubtless tell from my post avatar, I'm a huge fan of waterparks. I've been to several awesome ones, such as Oceans of Fun in my hometown of Kansas City, as well as White Water in Branson, MO (which I went to in 2019), Big Surf at the Lake of the Ozarks, and Lost Island in Waterloo, IA (both of which I visited about a month ago). In addition, there are a lot of great municipal aquatic centers across the KC metro.

I just thought I might ask the people on the forum: what are some of the best waterparks that you have visited? There are a whole bunch around the country that I would like to get to some day.

Max Rockatansky

I didn't dislike Wild Water Adventure Park east of Clovis.  Then again, it was the first water park I've been to probably in a decade.

ozarkman417

The best one I have been to in a long time (maybe ever) was Lanier Islands' water park on Lake Lanier, GA.

I need to go back to White Water, under an hour away from where I live. The one and only time I went there years ago, I failed to meet the height and weight requirements of some of the rides.

Nearby Republic and Nixa have good municipal aquatic centers. I went to both of those a ton as a kid.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Big John

KCRoadFan

I haven't been there yet - but I would love to at some point. And with my younger brother now living in Madison, I'm sure I will next summer!

In_Correct

I am a fan of Swimming, Diving, and Water Polo, not Water Parks.

I went to Water Parks previously. It is also great exercise. Unfortunately, they are "Family Friendly" at the same time are filled with cussing and wasted foods attracting Roaches. And they played very bad music.

I swim at the Swimming Pools from the Hotels when I travel including Great Wolf Lodge.

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

jmacswimmer

Water Country USA in Williamsburg VA is a great one, as is Hersheypark's Boardwalk (although a part of me is still sad about them removing Roller Soaker several years ago).

Brownstone Park in Portland CT is an unusual one, but just as much fun: It's located in a former quarry that is now filled in with water, and activities include rope swings & ziplines off the cliff ledge into the water.

Great Wolf Lodges tend to be pretty good as well, although the chlorine can get intense due to it being indoors.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

KCRoadFan

Quote from: jmacswimmer on September 01, 2021, 10:33:50 AM
Water Country USA in Williamsburg VA is a great one, as is Hersheypark's Boardwalk (although a part of me is still sad about them removing Roller Soaker several years ago).

Water Country USA is one I would love to get to.

Also in that part of the country: Emerald Pointe in Greensboro, NC. I would love to get there too.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

roadman65

Adventure Island- Tampa, Florida.
Blizzard Beach, Disney World.
Defunct River Country, Disney World.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Flint1979

Michigan's Adventure. Although I got sick there as a kid riding the Sea Dragon.

capt.ron

Crystal Falls which is inside Magic Springs is my favorite water park around my neck of the woods. Wild River Country folded up, thanks in part of it being very old in the first place and of course covid  put the final nail in the coffin.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.