News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 412 Bypass - Springdale, Arkansas

Started by bjrush, December 05, 2014, 07:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bjrush

So the plans for the Springdale Bypass are online on AHTDs website. Bidding is anticipated in December, with completion in 2018. They are 700 pages (without cross-sections), but there are a few interesting things I noticed today

The signage plans show I-49 and US 71. Rejoyce, AAroads forum members

The signs for the route itself say TBD where a number would go, but in a US highway shield. I anticipate 412 for continuity but who knows

There are a lot of temporary roads and a ton of bridges. This is a very serious project

ETA: Images. And FYI signing plans are ~ page 140
Woo Pig Sooie

mvak36

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it (or can't see it in plain sight :confused:). I'm not too familiar with AHTD's website. Thank You.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

bjrush

Woo Pig Sooie

mvak36

Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

US71

I can't wait for the contractor to put up a US TBD shield ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

Wonder why Lowell as a control city and not Joplin?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

bjrush

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 07, 2014, 02:03:22 PM
Wonder why Lowell as a control city and not Joplin?

I would at least use Bentonville

I would guess a large percentage of traffic crossing that point will not be looking for Joplin
Woo Pig Sooie

bassoon1986

maybe Lowell is in the plans now because BVB is not yet completed

US71

Scott5114

Quote from: bassoon1986 on December 08, 2014, 10:26:13 AM

MO has signs up for either Fayetteville or Fort Smith even though there's no BVB.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

codyg1985

Maybe Lowell is a temporary green over for the control city when the BVB is completed.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

US71

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 12, 2014, 03:23:28 AM

MO has signs up for either Fayetteville or Fort Smith even though there's no BVB.

But most of those signs pre-date I-49

US71

KFSM-TV reports the first section of the 412 Bypass will cost over $100 Million, with construction starting early next year.

bugo

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 12, 2014, 03:23:28 AM

MO had signs up for Fayetteville on I-44 back when the 71 freeway ended at US 60.

bugo

This bypass is desperately needed. 412 through Springdale is hell. And there's no decent way to get around it.

Wayward Memphian

Quote from: bugo on December 18, 2014, 03:50:50 AM
This bypass is desperately needed. 412 through Springdale is hell. And there's no decent way to get around it.

It would be a dream come true for a 4 lane divided all the way to Harrison, but 412 across the State would be miraculous,well at least to US 67.

M86

Ahhh, the good ol' "West Monroe Ave"... You don't put cardinal directions on signs like that, according to the MUTCD.  But then again, does AHTD follow them?  I drive by numerous signs on I-49 with ridiculous abbreviations.

US71

Quote from: M86 on December 21, 2014, 01:47:31 AM
Ahhh, the good ol' "West Monroe Ave"... You don't put cardinal directions on signs like that, according to the MUTCD.  But then again, does AHTD follow them?  I drive by numerous signs on I-49 with ridiculous abbreviations.
I think it's Greenville, MS that has DRMLKJR BLVD ;)

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

bjrush

At least they are putting up a variable message sign, M86
Woo Pig Sooie

Bobby5280

QuoteIt would be a dream come true for a 4 lane divided all the way to Harrison, but 412 across the State would be miraculous,well at least to US 67.

It might be a more realistic dream to have US-412 completely upgraded to an Interstate quality facility between Tulsa and Springdale. Obviously the gaps between the Cherokee Turnpike and Springdale Bypass will get more difficult to fill as more development goes up along the corridor. It might be a little forward thinking for OK DOT and AHTD to acquire ROW for the corridor.

bugo

Quote from: Bobby5280 on December 29, 2014, 08:29:36 PM
QuoteIt would be a dream come true for a 4 lane divided all the way to Harrison, but 412 across the State would be miraculous,well at least to US 67.

It might be a more realistic dream to have US-412 completely upgraded to an Interstate quality facility between Tulsa and Springdale. Obviously the gaps between the Cherokee Turnpike and Springdale Bypass will get more difficult to fill as more development goes up along the corridor. It might be a little forward thinking for OK DOT and AHTD to acquire ROW for the corridor.

I've done that drive many times, and the only real improvements that need to be made are a Siloam Springs bypass and a 70 MPH speed limit west of Inola.

AHTD

Quote from: Henry on December 29, 2014, 11:39:36 AM
Quote from: bjrush on December 05, 2014, 07:12:10 PM

My reaction when I saw that US TBD shield... :rofl:

The reason that shield says TBD is because at this time we don't know how this first leg of the "bypass" will be named. It won't be U.S. 412. Local leaders are advocating for AR 612, if memory serves. That has some traction but isn't approved.

Said "bypass" is not really going to serve as much on U.S. 412 as it will I-49. Not much traffic on U.S. 412 is destined "through" Springdale, rather Springdale IS the destination.

Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

kphoger

Quote from: Bobby5280 on December 29, 2014, 08:29:36 PM

Hey, if Missouri could make US-60 four lanes all the way from Springfield to Illinois, then Arkansas can manage US-412 to Harrison.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.